The Big Give Christmas Challenge has been a highly successful way for us to raise much-needed funds for our campaigns from new supporters and members of the public. The funds raised this year will enable us to sound the alarm bells about the debt crisis and make demands for debt cancellation to enable countries to tackle both the pandemic and the climate emergency.
Any amount (from £100) you pledge towards our target of £20,000 here could be QUADRUPLED in value!
Here’s how it works:
- Our key committed supporters like you, pledge a donation using the online pledge form here. We are aiming to raise £20,000 in pledges. The deadline is 5pm on 27 August 2021.
- If selected, we may then be awarded up to an additional £20,000 in ‘charity champion’ funding by the Big Give themselves.
- During the online donation phase (30 November - 7 December), these pledges and charity champion funds are used to ‘match’ online donations from members of the public. The more that people donate, the more will be matched by your pledge or the Big Give directly.
- Last year we raised over £70,000 in total through match funding from the Big Give and donations from the public, which was a great return on the initial pledges of £20,000.
- Once the online donation phase is over, we get in touch with you and ask you to fulfil your pledge (or a proportion of it, if we didn’t meet our target). Pledges are redeemed between 7 December 2021 and 14 January 2022, using whatever method is most convenient to you.
Under the rules of the Big Give we need an initial amount in pledges for matching. This is why pledges are so crucial to helping us meet our target. By pledging now you are enabling us to potentially quadruple the value of your donation.