WEEKLY COVID TEST @ACS OFFERS SALIVA TESTING!
Dear Arlington Parents & Caregivers,
We know that last year was tough, but we’re excited that we've gotten back in the classroom this fall. We're also grateful that our Covid instances have tremendously dropped and appreciate your cooperation of our weekly Covid testing to ensure we all remain safe and healthy.
To continue our efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep Arlington open for in-person learning, we will continue to offer FREE COVID-19 Testing Program for students and staff upon entry every Monday morning before 8:00am. We're also pleased to announce we now have Saliva testing that may be an option for those who don't prefer the nasal method.
Regular testing will help protect our students, staff, family members, and others who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 or are otherwise at risk for getting seriously sick from COVID-19. Through this program, we will be able to identify COVID-19 cases quickly and early, which can help us stop an outbreak before it happens. This will help us keep students in the classroom and able to take part in the school activities they love.
We are working with ILab Connect that will remain on-site at Arlington for daily testing.
- Who will be tested? We will offer testing to everyone—all students and staff—even if they don’t have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Testing is also available for students and staff who have symptoms of COVID-19, even if vaccinated, or who have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- How is the testing done? The COVID-19 testing is free, quick, and easy. Members of our school staff will oversee testing with [either a NAAT/PCR or antigen] test, which includes:
- [For nasal tests] Gently swabbing the inner part of the lower nostril. This test is not painful. We do not use the longer swabs that reach higher into the nose.
- [For saliva tests:] A saliva sample.
- Where and when is the testing done? Our school’s testing site will be in the cafeteria and will take place every Monday by 8:00am.
- How can I be sure that my child’s information will be protected? Sharing of information about your child will only be done for public health purposes and in accordance with applicable law and policies protecting student privacy and the security of your child’s data.
We are extremely grateful to our committed families and staff who continue to show great flexibility and resilience as we work together to contain the spread of this virus. If you have questions regarding the COVID-19 Testing Program, please reach out to Coach Veranda Ausby in the front office.
Pastor Chris Waller
Interim, Head of School
CDC recommends everyone 12 years and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and free. Getting vaccinated prevents severe illness, hospitalizations, and death. Visit vaccines.gov to find vaccination providers near you.