Enter Gaming's New Phase
It feels that last week we jumped another mentality wall in terms of crypto.
But let’s focus on gaming x crypto.
- People who believed in blockchain, NFTs and crypto, but were still a bit scared, got loose and started spending juicy amounts of money.
- FOMO folks are having breathing issues right now.
- People who had no clue about it, now understand the value of it.
- Crypto early-adopters are rich af, buying NFTs from a lounge chair in Bali. Absolute legends.
We’re not even close to the potential relationship between gaming and blockchain, but we are already moving. Today’s Beer Talk will just be a small gathering of things I thought would be interesting for you to see:
Infinity Revenue, Infinite Possibilities, by Packy McCormick.
The Metaverse Primer, by Matthew Ball.
Crypto gaming companies raised $476M in the first half of 2021.
Guild of Guardians
Royal just came out a few hours ago, get early access. This will help streaming big time.
What Not To Do
Facebook was invited to a costume party and they dressed as coworkers. The Metaverse is wide open, exciting, full of opportunities and Facebook creates a fucking meeting room. What a boring approach, it actually hurts to see it.
💣 New Games & Trailers
HALO INFINITE MULTIPLAYER — Cinematic Intro
BLACK MYTH: WUKONG — Trailer
METROID DREAD — Teaser
TALES OF ARISE — Demo & Spotlight
WARIOWARE — Trailer
🎟️ Red Carpet
The biggest trailers and announcements from Gamescom Opening Night Live.
🕶️ Is the Disrespect for me
Dr Disrespect got banned on Twitch last year and nobody knows why. Honestly, if it didn’t get leaked in the gaming community so far, it’s because that shit had to be severe. Everything gets leaked in gaming. He finally talked a little bit about it, takeaways: he claims to know why he got banned and that he will sue Twitch. Ya never know.
🏆 Esports Highlights
📖 Read of the Week
A guide to platform fees, by The Verge.
🔫 The Story So Far
Everything you need to know about Halo’s story in an interactive experience.
🚫 Explained: Hate Raids
Raids on Twitch used to be the we made it moment. This is why we can’t have nice things:
- When somebody ends a stream but redirects the audience to another streamer, that’s giving a raid.
- In early August, viewers on Twitch got organized to raid channels to flame the shit out of streamers, just because. Racism and homophobia was the main way for them to switch raids to hate raids.
- Streamers can’t solve this by themselves, Twitch is the only one with the power to do it, and this is why.
👾 Gaming is Inevitable
Mr. Ball did it again, great piece to read during the weekend. The essay covers: Why Netflix wants to enter gaming, the challenges Netflix faces when entering gaming, what Netflix seems to be doing, and where this might be going and when.
🎞️ Gaming x Film
- A fan remade The Simpsons: Hit & Run in a week using UE5.
- Dope photo of Capcom’s sound team from 1990.
- Skyrim just took over Resident Evil on re-releases.
- Halo-themed Xbox Series X will be a thing.
- Burn the Runway: an online game that lets you waste startups’ money.
- Unity acquires AI chat analysis platform Oto.
- Complexity gaming unveils partnership with eye care company Alcon.
- Team Liquid partners with Kingston Technology.
- MLP Cambodia announces KFC collaboration.
- SteelSeries partners with T1 for Worlds.
- Misfits Gaming Group teams up with WIN Group.
- FaZe Clan announces investment from Cox Enterprises.
- ESL enters partnership with Plarium.
- Infinite Canvas raises $2.8M for creator content.
Grandma washing your mousepad is not a bad thing. Let’s be honest, those things get real naughty.
👇 Reach out for feedback, questions or quick a intro!