🧨 Pass the Dynamite: NFTs
Ownership is the most important element for people in the internet today. Social media usernames, domains and limited edition products are high in value for a reason. The combination of a desire for decentralized ownership and technology brought to us the new form of ownership: digital files.
How it Works?
NFTs: Non-Fungible Tokens are pretty much a new file format that you can't copy. Before, somebody with a viral JPEG or GIF would only get a famous tweet out of it. Now, with NFTs the file actually has a unique ID attached with metadata showing what is it about, who created it and its prize history. Fucking revolutionary to be honest. Once the creator marks (or mints) a digital asset, its registered through blockchain technology.
- The market of buying and selling NFTs is wide open, and already moving millions. Digital assets are universally recognized. It really comes down to flexing that you have an original piece, but online. Again, ownership... culturally where it's at in 2021.
- It isn't just about art. Think about in-game digital goods, skins, fashion. Think about taking those assets from a game and introduce them into other platforms. The Metaverse and NFTs go hand in hand. Now also think about these digital assets being owned by creators from the get-go... $$$.
- Musicians are salivating like a damn bulldog thinking about NFTs.
- A lot of people will think this shit is crazy, and it is. But the same was said to cryptocurrency owners 10 years ago, and coincidentally, Bitcoin and Ethereum holders are the first ones jumping to buy NFTs.
- NFTs live on the blockchain and can't be edited, deleted or copy-pasted. This concept feels like the next big change, for the better. It starts as "fun and games" like paying pizza with Bitcoin, and then you realize the internet changes over night.
🎞 Film x Gaming
Netflix: Dota 2 Anime Series trailer.
HBO: Mortal Kombat trailer.
HBO: The Last of Us confirms Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey as Joel and Ellie.
🃏 Cards Collectors Update
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG is releasing a $1000 Blue-Eyed White Dragon.
Limited Edition Luka Donic Rookie card sells for $800K.
Goldin Auctions raises $40M lead by The Chernin Group and others like Mark Cuba, Mark Walbergh, Logan Paul, etc.
🎙 Podcast of the Week
Crypto x Gaming, by Hypegeek.