🙇♂️ AOC's Stream Afterthoughts
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest person in history to be elected for congress in the US, streamed Among Us for 3 hours with a bunch of streamers, peaking at 430K streamers and 250K concurrent viewers. It was a massive success.
- No matter if you agree or not with AOC's political views, she gave a masterclass on how to approach young voters.
- Twitch gives us the opportunity to see unreachable people in a mundane situation. Thanks to gaming we can see sports' superstars, musicians and Hollywood as normal people interacting closely with an audience... live. If musicians fuck up on stream is bad, but mostly fixable. If a politician fucks up, is a whole different story, and that's why AOC's stream was valuable; because it brought live authenticity in uncertain scenarios.
- This is a huge case study to have in mind. Yes, several politicians are authentic, but how many of them can handle true vulnerability?
- Extra Bite: comparison between Fall Guys and Among Us.
📺 Wild Rift x Google Play Korea
New ad for League of Legends Wild Rift featuring Faker, Teddy and CloudTemplar.
✊ The Giant's Shoulders are Hurting
Blizzard announced that the development of StarCraft 2 will be shutting down. Everything that we see in gaming and especially in esports, is mainly because of StarCraft and the RTS community. As a response, a group of industry veterans are bringing back Real-Time Strategy through Frost Giant Studios. Let's help them get out there!
🥾 Kickstarter Spotlight
Virtual. Reality. Shoes.
🎫 Well, November 19th It Is.
It's confirmed. Cyberpunk comes out in less than a month. Here's your hype.
📈 Creators' New Favourite Toy
It's a platform called Stir. They announced a $4M seed round with investors like Casey Neistat and Ludlow Ventures. It pretty much helps creators organize the entirety of their business in one place. It looks dope, it feels dope.
⚽️ Soccer Hub
- Kun Aguero announced his new team, KRÜ Esports.
- AFC Ajax launches Ajax Gaming Academy.
- We still don't know how the fuck Beckham's team will make $20M short term
💡 Product Spotlight
Digital goods are pure heat right now. 2019 was all about the illustrations trend, 2020/2021 will be all about taking illustrations to 3D exclusive goods. Bitmojis, virtual influencers and IG avatars are carrying this trend and Genies are at the top of it all. I'm a huge fan of this company, check them out if you haven't already. Foreal.