A friendly reminder that you have until midnight on December 31st to donate in order to receive your charitable tax receipt for your 2016 return! Give back today. Get back come tax-time. Thank you!
OPACC is dedicated to helping families of children with cancer throughout the year. Here is a quick list of our major achievements in 2016:
- Presented our 4th annual Parent Facilitator training session to train and empower parents to start childhood cancer parent support groups in their own communities
- Advocated for lower hospital parking rates and were invited by the Ministry of Health to attend and speak at their hospital parking policy media announcements
- Started a new support group for families in Peel Region
- Featured a guest speaker at our Annual General Meeting who presented on the Psychosocial Assessment Tool
- Presented free "Lunch & Learn" informational sessions at SickKids
- Brought awareness of childhood cancer by being a part of various September Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM) events, including attending events at Queen's Park to recognize CCAM in Ontario, attending an awareness event at SickKids, sharing stories of real OPACC families through our "Faces of OPACC" campaign, partnering with the Big Book of Care national awareness media campaign, and attending the Toronto Stock Exchange opening bell ceremony in recognition of CCAM
- Partnered with the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation to run our 6th annual Toronto Inside Ride fundraising and awareness event
- Partnered with the Shine Through the Rain Foundation to bring our families the summer Teddy Bear Fair and the family Christmas party
- Partnered with Million Dollar Smiles for the holiday Bearhug campaign
- Continued to provide support to the growth and development of existing community-based parent support groups
- Continued to provide in-hospital support at SickKids through our Parent Liaison program...and much more!
We couldn't do all of this wonderful work for our families without your help! In 2016 alone, we have helped to support over 1,000 childhood cancer families throughout Ontario. As we move into 2017, we only anticipate that number to grow. We need your help now to continue to meet this increasing demand!
All of our programs, services, and special events (which are provided at no cost to our families) comes from your generous donations. Please help us today so that we can continue our important work of providing support to our families. Your support is greatly appreciated - thank you!