From Coach Michael's Blog:
2016 Business Excellence Forum - Blinding Flashes of the Obvious Part 4
The first speaker on the afternoon of the second day was Chris Cooke of Luv4 Marketing one of the ActionCOACH strategic partners. Luv4 has enrolled me and many of my colleagues in a social media master class. In addition, we are able to offer a comprehensive marketing class to our clients via our strategic partnership. My BFOs from Chris were:
- To read more please click here
The Integrity of Good Business
Recently, a fellow business coach was going through a box of old things that had belonged to his mother.
She had died a few years earlier, and he was still going through her things when he had the time. During one “search” he came across a oversized business card she had saved from the Lobster House restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia. A place she and her second husband had visited some 15 or 20 years ago.
As they each had owned their own businesses, he was intrigued as to why she had saved this particular card. The front of the card had the name, address, and phone number of the restaurant, along with the name of the owner.
At the top of the card, the following words appeared: “If, due to human error, we fail to abide by these commandments, or fail to meet your expectations for any reason...please call me immediately.”
On the back of the card the following words were printed:
“The Ten Commandments of Good Business”
- CUSTOMERS are the most important person in any business.
- CUSTOMERS are not dependent on us—we are dependent on them.
- CUSTOMERS are not an interruption of our work—they is the purpose of it.
- CUSTOMERS do us a favour when they calls—we are not doing them a favour by serving them .
- CUSTOMERS are part of our business—not outsiders.
- CUSTOMERS are not a cold, hard statistics—they are flesh-and-blood human beings with feelings and emotions like our own.
- CUSTOMERS are not someone to argue or match wits with.
- CUSTOMERS are a people who bring us their wants—it is our job to fill those wants.
- CUSTOMERS are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give them.
- CUSTOMERS are the life-blood of this, and every other business.
After reading and re-reading the card, he understand why his mother had kept it all those years...
…customer service NEVER goes out of style!
If you would like to discuss this topic, or any other business related question, please call me at 516-801-6452.