We join the whole Lyme patient community, their friends and family in celebrating the reinstatement of the 'Growing evidence of an emerging tick-borne disease that causes a Lyme like illness for many Australian patients' Senate Inquiry. While the interim report
ensured the evidence was tabled and was gratefully received, it wasn't the full story. Now we have the opportunity to complete unfinished business.
We would like to thank all of the patients who reached out to their MPs and Senators asking for the Inquiry to resume. We'll keep in touch with our next most important actions for our partnership with the Lyme patient community.
There's been some fantastic Lyme awareness in the media in the past few months. Here is a brief, but not complete selection – apologies for those we've missed!
Thank you for the courage of these Lyme patients in sharing their stories. Every little bit helps!
When Pain Turns to Fury – Lyme Blog
Thank you to Karla Williams, Lyme patient and mother who's finally had enough. With a recent, confirmed diagnosis of multiple tick-borne diseases, Karla is fighting for change.
Watching her two boys suffer for over 18 years and to be shunting from doctor to doctor with no satisfactory answers, Karla wants to help other families in the same situation.
She tells parents to 'listen to their intuition,' you know your children better than anyone. Read Karla's story here
Join Dr. Sandeep Gupta for a free one hour webinar where he will outline the basics of CIRS and the forthcoming Mold Illness Made Simple online course.
- Friday 23rd September 2016 (10am AEST) Australia. Register Here
- What Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS), more commonly known as mold illness is, and the sequence of events that lead to CIRS developing in the human body.
- About the environmental conditions, primarily water-damaged buildings, which can lead to CIRS.
- About the Shoemaker CIRS protocol, a protocol designed to restore health and well-being and prevent relapse.
- About the new eCourse Mold Illness Made Simple launching October 13th 2016.
- Q&A will be available with Dr Gupta.
About Dr Sandeep Gupta:
Dr. Gupta graduated from the University of Queensland in 1999 and is presently in a private holistic medicine practice on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia. In 2014 he became the first non-US physician to become certified in the Shoemaker CIRS protocol. You can learn more about Sandeep on this site’s about page.
Join our wonderful volunteer team! LDAA works in a virtual environment. You must have access to a computer, a stable internet connection, and have a passion to enact change in your community! LDAA's roles are expanding, often volunteers take on ad-hoc jobs, beyond their initial involvement.
Our current volunteer positions are:
- ADMIN Support | Passionate about our cause and love admin, organising, detail and being part of an amazing team? We could use your help!
- Copywriter | A whiz with words? Like making a difference? We need you!
- Marketing/Fundraising | Need a passionate individual to help Lyme patients, bright/innovative ideas a bonus! Must be able to implement and manage fundraising projects as part of a team. Twitter expertise a bonus!
- Events Coordinator | National coordinator of LDAA events, including supervising support groups, policies, maintaining and liaising with event holders, and team work with our fulfilment officer.
Introduce yourself by sending us a message via our contact us form! We look forward to speaking with you!
Thank you for all of your inquiries, letters and voices of concern. We appreciate your contribution. With Senate Inquiry reinstatement, the next segment of concentration and hard work begins! We expect the submissions to open again should you like to add to your previous submission or know someone who 'wished they had submitted'.
If you'd like to reach out to your MP and Senators, share your story and ask for them to have a briefing by the LDAA, we'd greatly appreciate it! Just let us know via our contact us form
We are currently very short of volunteer staff. Remember, 'health always comes first' and we are aware that many of you while willing, are just too unwell. Random thought! What about your able-bodied (and mind) friends and family? They have a real reason to be passionate about the cause. Let us know and we can have a chat!
Thanks again Lyme warriors!
Yours in Green,
Sharon Whiteman | President
P.S. Remember to connect with us on Facebook
. We appreciate your likes, comments, shares and re-tweets, it does make a difference!
Join our volunteer
Have an LDAA event, or want to include something in our next newsletter? Let us know about events here or other happenings here!