1. This policy was adopted by the Trust on 14 May 2018 fort he purpose of ensuring the safety of showground users
2. The limitations/restrictions of this policy apply to all of those accessing the Mullumbimby Showground, whether under Licence, general recreational access or contracted duties.
3. Showground internal roads are shared zones with a maximum vehicle speed of 10km per hour (10kph). Speed limit signage will be displayed.
4. Alternate speeds, when displayed under specific event conditions approved by the Trust, are to have precedence over the Trust-set limit.
5. Where possible, drivers exceeding the limit will be advised verbally of the 10kph limit and requested to comply.
6. Drivers who fail to comply and ‘repeat offenders’ will be reported to the Trust via the Manager or Caretakers.
7. When reporting speeding issues it is desirable that the date, time and vehicle registration number is provided. If the registration number cannot be discerned then make, style and colour (eg Holden, utility, white) will greatly assist. A central register will be kept by the Trust.
8. The policy will operate according to a three-strike system before further action is taken: 1. Verbal warning 2. Second warning (verbal if written advice cannot feasibly be delivered) 3. Third and final warning. At this point the Trust will take action in accordance with its powers under the NSW Crown Land Act. The Trust reserves the right to refuse entry to the driver for a period of up to two weeks.
9. If the speeding issue is related to Licensees conducting approved activity on the showground then the Licensee will be advised in writing of the issue and requested to take remedial action to ensure adherence to the speed limit.
10. The Trust will regularly liaise with local NSW Police to establish practical support for this policy.
11. Reckless, dangerous and illegal driving will be treated in accordance with this policy and reported to the NSW Police.