It was great to see you all back in class last week and to welcome lots of new children for our fun packed show term. It is an extremely busy time so please read the newsletters so you keep up to date with events. I will be around a lot in classes but I can always be contacted by email / text if you have any queries at any point.
Congratulations Summer Examinations
We had a huge amount of examinations last term and I am thrilled to announce 100% success with some notable high achievements.
Well done everyone for your hard work which has been rewarded.
Special congratulations to senior Tap students, Alice Friday, Alex Fearn-Smith and Freya Fanson gaining their IDTA Professional Performers Intermediate Examination and Alex Scott-Warren gaining her RAD Intermediate Ballet Examination. To gain this level of achievement takes huge commitment and hard work over many years.
Beauty & The Beast
Saturday 7th December 6.30pm
One of our students, Ella Adiguzel, successfully auditioned to be a junior dancer in the Northcott Pantomime this year. I have reserved some tickets for the above performance as I thought it would be nice to take a group of pupils to watch. We have negotiated a 'school rate' although this is not normally given for Saturday evening performances of £13.00 per ticket. If you would like your child to come please contact Jo to reserve a place
. (If you have already contacted me you don't need to again.)
The Enchanted Castle Show 2019
Preparations are well underway for this term's show at the Barnfield Theatre in November.
I will try to summarise all the key points below but please also refer to the WEBSITE
The PASSWORD to the Show Information on the website is CASTLE2019.
PLEASE try and aim for 100% attendance at classes now as it is extremely difficult choreographing for children when there are missing people. We want dances that are great to watch and perform. Lack of attendance leads to shortened dances if children are struggling to remember due to others being away.
- All DATES are available on the left hand side of this newsletter and on the website
- PHOTOGRAPHY running orders are on the website.
- DRESS REHEARSAL running order is on the website.
- Please ensure you are clear which performances your child is dancing in. It is all on the website!
- Parent HELPING Request Forms are being sent home this week. Please return ASAP but by 5th October so we can allocate helpers before tickets are on sale.
- We are in the process of fitting / ordering COSTUMES. Costumes will be sent home with your children the week leading up to their Photo call.
- A PROFESSIONAL DVD will be made of all performances and edited to a complete show with every dance included. Booking forms are on the website.
- TICKETS will be sold via an online platform this year. Parents of pupils who only perform in specific shows will have priority booking. You will be emailed a PASSCODE for the site prior to 21st October when priority booking opens. Everyone else will be emailed a PASSCODE on 28th October when general booking will be available. Please try and spread your ticket requests as it is nice for the pupils to have people watching all their shows.
- We will be having a CHARITY PRIZE DRAW again this year. Please drop any donations into classes during November. All donations gratefully received and the Dance School will again donate 4 x £50.00 vouchers for each draw.
- PROGRAMME SPONSORSHIP - A desperate plea to businesses please! To be able to produce our A4 full colour glossy brochure with all the children's photographs, we need YOUR SUPPORT. Every year this gets harder and it is the same people who support us. If you are able to help please get in touch. We have advert spaces from 1/4 page to Full page and more. Please see website for further details. Without the programme sponsorship and photograph sales we can not continue to offer this beautiful keepsake for the children. It would be a shame if this was the last year we were able to do it and I know people would miss it greatly but we need to cover our costs.