Vacancies at NBPU TIS
PROJECT OFFICER - 2 POSITIONS
The National Best Practice Unit for Tackling Indigenous Smoking (NBPU TIS) supports regional tobacco grant recipients across Australia in their efforts to reduce the rates of smoking among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Reporting to the Manager NBPU TIS, these positions play a pivotal role in connecting regional grant recipients with the support available from the NBPU TIS. The key responsibilities of these Adelaide based roles are:-
- supporting the Manager NBPU TIS to manage and deliver NBPU TIS activities;
- identifying, developing and delivering evidence based support to regional grant recipients;
- assisting to develop and deliver NBPU TIS action and engagement plans;
- organising and participating in frequent regional and national workshops;
- proactively maintaining, developing and enhancing strong ongoing relationships with a wide range of NBPU TIS stakeholders.
Preferably with appropriate formal qualifications or relevant practical experience in community development and/or health promotion, the successful candidates will have strong cross-cultural skills, excellent project management and administrative skills and the capacity to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders. Sound knowledge of the cultural, political, economic and social issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is essential, as are effective written and verbal communication skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. Extensive intra and interstate travel will be a necessary part of the role.
For a job and person specification, please visit www.hender.com.au and for further information on our client, please visit www.nintione.com.au. Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Justin Hinora by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Desley Thompson.
Desley Thompson, Manager
PH: 08 8211 0430