I'll try not to make this a wall of text, but...
...this update is at least a month and a half overdue. Here are the highlights:
So yeah, it's been an eventful couple of months to say the least!
- After Ohio, we took a trip to Vermont to raise support, but due to Covid restrictions, we were unable to do any of that. Spent the time helping Kara's parents move, which was hard and emotional, and we were so thankful to be able to help those who have supported us through so much!
- After Vermont, came back to Florida to start moving into our new house in Lakeland. Got a special surprise from some of our longtime best friends who came from Ohio just to help us get the house ready and move. Thanks Caleb and Kayla!
- Finally got moved in, found out our neighbor has kids the same age as ours, and is a worship pastor at a nearby church. They made us feel so welcome right away!
- Orrin got to lead an older man to Christ! Pray for Jimmy as he grows in his new relationship with Jesus!
- Chelsea turned 5, Josie turned 1, Carlee turned 10, and Riley lost yet another tooth.
- Got connected with a local group of pastors and church planters from across Polk County that meet weekly to do sermon prep and what I like to call "sharpening the saw."
- We caught the Coronavirus, so we had to cancel a bunch of stuff while we quarantined again. We're all fine now, and had very mild cases. If you want to know how weird it was not being able to taste and smell, we'd be happy to rehash it with you!
Here's a few ways you can pray for us and our team:
- Praise the Lord that our sickness was mild!
- Praise God for Jimmy's salvation!
- Pray for us as we attempt to reschedule events and meetings that we had to put off while we had the virus.
- Pray for our team members as they start to assemble here in Lakeland. Two of the couples who will be moving here with us are closing on their houses within the next month!
- Pray for a couple we will be meeting with that might be interested in joining our team. (The husband has a ThD from Dallas Theological Seminary, so that could be a nice addition!)
- Pray that we will continue to make good connections with our neighbors, and the church's neighbors.
- Pray for our financial support. Or... pray about supporting us financially!