Downing a bottle of wine or several beers a night won't do any good for you physical well-being. However moderate alcohol consumption has some proven health benefits. Check out our comparison below!
- Can improve your libido
- Helps prevent against the
- Can reduce your risk of diabetes
- Moderate consumption can lower
your risk of cardiovascular disease by raising your HDL or 'good'
- High empty kilojoule value which
can contribute to weight gain
- Can cause poor control of blood
- Can increase triglyceride levels
- Damaging for your brain and liver
- Can react with medications
Given the pros and cons, ideally you should limit alcohol intake to 1-2 standard drinks a day and have at least 2 alcohol free days a week.
It may sound like a mixed message, but essentially alcohol can be your friend if consumed in moderation. Our pick is red wine. It has anti-ageing properties, high in antioxidants, and can help with the prevention of many diseases. Let's drink to that!
Join us Saturday 16 April for our inaugural presentation as Two Greek Girls Cooking.
Our first Nourish Workshop for 2016 will have a Mediterranean focus,
keeping in theme with the upcoming launch of our cookbook Mediterranean Eating – Cook. Eat. Live.
Includes a Mediterranean meze platter!
10am - 12:30pm at
Pulse Travel, Ground Level @ The Precinct,
12 Browning St, West End
$120pp - private health rebates apply
To make a booking contact
(07) 3891 6199 or Enquiries@TreeofLifeNutrition.com.au