In June, in collaboration with Dr. Mark Shapiro, we launched the #VoteAND social media campaign. The effort sought to recognize the continued importance of voting while acknowledging that voting alone may not be enough to actualize the change(s) we are seeking. The campaign encourages participants to affirm their commitment to voting and sharing one additional activity such as the following:
- Option #1: Talk to those around you about voting! How can you help others get ready for Election Day?⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Option #2: Help make it easier for others to register to vote! Giving a presentation soon? Share this slide and encourage attendees to take 2 minutes to register to vote.
- Option #3: Call your local officials to share issues that are important to you! They need to hear your voice on the ballot and on the phone.⠀⠀⠀
- Option #4: Become an active member in organizations that support issues that are important to you!
- Option #5: You can make a difference by volunteering! Donate money, time or resources to organizations or candidates who share the same values as you!
Using a teaching adage commonly used in medicine, we encourage participants to “pick one, do one, share one.” We welcome your participation! Please make sure to tag us @civichealth_all, use the #VoteAND hashtag & tag others to participate too!