Get ready to look in a mirror and embrace that beautiful YOU! Mind Your Own Body: Redefining Beauty & Body Image is a weekly group meeting, set to help women of color understand and address problematic beliefs about their bodies. Participants will explore various influences on their body image perception, and learn how to cultivate a more accepting and healthy view of their bodies and their function.
Guidelines for Virtual Group Series
• Find a quiet space with few distractions (e.g. a room, car, porch)
• Use headphones to reduce background noise
• Turn off phone and computer notifications for the next hour
• Close other tabs on your computer
• Keep an open mind and be willing to try new things
• Have video on so that the group can see each other