The ANA are fortunate to have been recommended some interesting websites that offer our members professional development reading. We hope you find something that you might apply within your positions, to your professional career as a whole, or as an advancement idea for career progression.
Kids and Traffic
- the NSW Early Childhood Road Safety Education Program
is located at Macquarie University. Kids and Traffic is part of the statewide road safety education program by the Transport for NSW's Centre for Road Safety. Kids and Traffic
provide a range of workshops, resources and materials to help adults who work with and care for young children to keep them safe in and around vehicles.
If you're working in NSW, attending the free Kids and Traffic professional development workshop 'Out and About: Safe Journeys with Kids' is a great opportunity to update your road safety knowledge and gain practical ideas for working with children and their families.
All participants receive a free comprehensive workshop handout, road safety resources and a statement of attendance. To book into an 'Out and About: Safe Journeys with Kids' workshop or to learn more, visit www.kidsandtraffic.mq.edu.au
. If you're not NSW located, you can find road safety information and advice on the Kids and Traffic website.
- Some great resources for keeping safe in the home and outdoors.
The Parenting Research Centre
- "We believe that parenting is the single most important influence on a child’s health and wellbeing and that the most effective way to ensure better outcomes for children is to work with parents". This website's resource section has some interesting academic articles that may be relevant to your role as a nanny, for example 'positive parenting', 'violence in the media', and 'supporting parents with learning difficulties'.
Early Childhood Australia
- A hub of links and resources for people working in early childhood, you will find many resources, webinars and links to refresh and update your knowledge in line with current issues.
Murdoch Children's Research Institute
- For those with a medical interest, this website offers interesting research into a variety of childhood diseases and illnesses.
Commission for Children and Young People
- This is a State Government body that focuses on protection of vulnerable and at-risk children. There are opportunities to be independent visitors to children in state justice centres. The link provided is for Victoria, however the body can be found in all states.
>>> Plus, check out the ANA website
for a list of (mostly free) workshops and training days happening in the next few months in New South Wales and Victoria.