The City of Cockburn have requested that we run our Five-Week Certificate in Digital Accessibility at their premises in Spearwood and have graciously opened it to participants from other organisations.
We have room for 8 more participants!
The course will run every Thursday for the whole day, starting Thursday, March 1st from 9:00 – 4:30.
As the City has offered to host the course, we are able to offer these 8 seats at a reduced rate of $3,000 (ex. GST) per person. This covers the full course, all learning materials, and lunch daily.
The certificate can be completed either individually, or by an organisation. This will allow an organisation to send different people to course days most suited to their position and responsibilities, gaining an organisational certificate rather than individual certificates. The course is divided into modules:
- Introduction to Digital Accessibility – online self-study course in preparation for the on-site training
- Day 1 - Website Accessibility for Content authors and Developers
- Day 2 - Creating Accessible Documents
- Day 3 - Screen Readers – a training course in NVDA (requires the completion of Day 1) and The Mobile Experience – a look at mobiles/tablets and accessibility
- Day 4 - Creating Accessible Forms
- Day 5 - Taking Care of Business
- Each day will begin with a short review Q&A session, group discussion, and time to work on a Digital Accessibility Action Plan
During the course, participants will prepare a Digital Accessibility Action Plan for their organisation and conduct an initial high-level review of their organisation’s resources (web and documents) under the guidance and support of Web Key IT’s accessibility experts. For organisations that send a team of people, those participants can become an in-house digital accessibility working group.
The final quarter of each day, afternoon tea to finish, is for guided work on participants’ own resources and for them to prepare a report for their organisation. Participants who are part of a full 5 week package will also be building the reports into their final Digital Accessibility Action Plan.
If you are interested in joining the course, please email Emma Murray to reserve your spot, call Vivienne Conway on 0415 383 673 or click the green REGISTER button above which will send an email for you.