In case you haven't heard, we are are running our Five-Week Certificate in Digital Accessibility here in Perth, WA at the ATI Mirage for 5 consecutive Wednesdays in May!
The course will run every Wednesday for the whole day, starting Wednesday, May 1st from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
We still have a few seats available at a rate of $3,250 (ex. GST) per person (and a $50 discount for ACS Members). This covers the full course, all learning materials, lunch, morning and afternoon tea daily.
Registrations close this Thursday the 18th of May.
The certificate can be completed either individually, or by an organisation. This will allow an organisation to send different people to course days most suited to their position and responsibilities, gaining an organisational certificate rather than individual certificates. The course is divided into modules:
- Introduction to Digital Accessibility – online self-study course in preparation for the on-site training
- Day 1 - Website Accessibility for Content authors and Developers
- Day 2 - Creating Accessible Documents
- Day 3 - Creating Accessible Forms
- Day 4 - Screen Readers – a training course in NVDA (requires the completion of Day 1) and The Mobile Experience – a look at mobiles/tablets and accessibility
- Day 5 - Taking Care of Business
- Each day will begin with a short review Q&A session, group discussion, and time to work on a Digital Accessibility Action Plan
During the course, participants will prepare a Digital Accessibility Action Plan for their organisation and conduct an initial high-level review of their organisation’s resources (web and documents) under the guidance and support of Web Key IT’s accessibility experts. For organisations that send a team of people, those participants can become an in-house digital accessibility working group.
The final quarter of each day, afternoon tea to finish, is for guided work on participants’ own resources and for them to prepare a report for their organisation. Participants who are part of a full 5 week package will also be building the reports into their final Digital Accessibility Action Plan.
If you are interested in joining the course, please email us to reserve your spot, or click the green REGISTER button above which will send an email for you.