Friday, 21st April 2017
Hello <<First Name>>,
I trust that you have had a chance to unwind during the recent public and school holiday period.
April saw the WWW 2017 and W4A 2017 conferences come to Perth for the first time, and it was a whirlwind of activity. I’m only just starting to catch up from an incredibly busy time, and hence am just getting my head around where we’ll put our focus for the remainder of the financial year.
Our five-week Digital Accessibility Certificate course is scheduled to start May 31st
2017, providing there are sufficient people interested. As we understand many of you will have difficulty allotting one person to be away from their work for a day a week for five weeks, we have decided to allow each module to be taken separately. Here’s the plan for the course:
- Option one: The five separate modules can be taken by one person and for which they would get a certificate, developing the Digital Accessibility Plan for their organisation as the deliverable from the course.This would require them to attend each Wednesday for five weeks, commencing May 31 at ATI Mirage on Hay Street, Perth from 9:00 – 4:30 each day.
- Option two: one person can take just one module of the course (or more) and receive a certificate for just that module.The proviso being that for courses that have a pre-requisite such as the Creating Accessible Forms, they would have previously taken with us the pre-requisite, or already possess the required knowledge and experience.
- Option three: a seat is purchased by an organisation for all five weeks and the modules may be allotted to different staff members to take.They would complete the deliverables of the Accessibility Plan for their own module and this would be put together into one Plan by the organisation upon all five modules being completed.
- We plan to make the course available in an on-line mode for those participants not in the Perth Metro Region, and for those who are unable to get away from their regular place of work.
- Please contact us for different price options.
In other news, our website has recently gone through renovation and we are still making a few changes. We’d be happy to hear your impressions of the website and its accessibility at email@example.com. As you can imagine, it has been designed with accessibility in mind. Soon, we will be adding a ‘Members Only’ section where you can register and take online courses and obtain other materials that may be of assistance.
We look forward to hearing from you about the course registrations and your feedback on our website, have a great month!