This week, the Health Officer announced that the County would align with the State’s framework and allow activities open in the Red Tier to resume. As a result, most of the industry/activity-specific local directives were lifted. These changes became effective on Wednesday, March 3.
As more activities are allowed under the Red Tier, it is important to remember that outdoors is safer than indoors when participating in activities with people outside your household. Take every step possible to reduce your risk.
To keep yourself, your family, your friends and neighbors, and our broader community safe, follow these core principles:
- Stay outdoors. Outdoor activities are far safer than indoor ones.
- Stay masked. Consistent use of face coverings both indoors and outdoors, especially double-masking, is very effective at preventing spread of the coronavirus.
- Maintain at least 6-foot distance from others. Social distancing from those who do not live with you is effective at keeping the coronavirus away.
- Avoid crowds. The fewer people you encounter and the fewer interactions you have, the lower the chance the virus will spread.
- Get vaccinated when it is your turn. All federally approved vaccines work well and will help keep you, your family, and your friends safe.
Click here to view more on the State's Red Tier guidelines.
Let us all continue on this path of progress and continue to work together in overcoming this pandemic.
Together in health,
County of Santa Clara