|Dear <<First Name>>,
We hope you're enjoying rehearsals so far! Without further ado, here are your Week 7 Chorus updates.
End of Term Concert
- This term we are rehearsing Handel's Messiah
- Rehearsals are every Thursday from 7:00pm-9:30pm up until the date of the concert and take place in the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre. You can view it's location on the interactive campus map, outlined in red, here.
- Our Term 1 Rehearsal and Concert Schedule is available here.
- Our end of term concert is on Sunday 2nd December, 4pm in Butterworth Hall. You can purchase tickets for this concert here.
- In the run up to the concert we'd like to remind you about a couple of things:
- The following will be the general dress code for our main concert each term. Any changes will be made clear in the weeks prior to the concert. For any questions, or if you have difficulty obtaining anything, then please ask a member of the Exec:
- Black socks and shoes
- Black trousers or skirt (with black tights)
- Black shirt (no tie) or top (must cover shoulders)
- Stand to receive applause as directed by the conductor. When standing you are receiving applause, so please do not applaud other performers as it looks untidy.
Subscriptions and Score Deposits
- You can purchase your subscription here and your score deposit here. The payment deadline was Thursday 8th November (Week 6), if you have not already paid please do so as quickly as possible to avoid us having to chase you up.
- Please try to avoid using the Box Office to make these payments - unless you don't have internet access or are experiencing issues with the online booking system. Furthermore, the Box Office will be unable to process transactions of this nature during peak times and during shows.
- Subscription costs for the year are as follows:
- Standard Membership - £60
- Concessions - £40
- UoW Students - Free
- The score deposit is £20, which is refundable upon request when you leave Chorus. Anyone who has paid a score deposit in the past which has not been refunded does not need to do so again - it is a one-time fee to cover any potential loss or damage that may occur whilst you are in possession of a score provided by us.
- There are learning tools available online to help you consolidate your learning at home. These can be accessed by following the link here.
- We are performing the following movements of Messiah:
- 4 And the glory of the Lord
- 7 And he shall purify
- 9 O thou that tellest good tidings
- 12 For unto us a Child is born
- 17 Glory to God
- 24 Surely He hath borne our griefs
- 25 And with His stripes
- 26 All we like sheep
- 44 Hallelujah
- 53 Worthy is the Lamb
Carol Singing in aid of Save the Children
- There will be a Carol Singing Service held at Royal Priors on Friday 7th December, 12:30pm-2:30pm in aid of Save the Children.
- If any Chorus members would like to volunteer for this good cause, then please email the chorus email address to express your interest.
- There will be two rehearsals for this:
- Thursday 22nd November, 6.30-7.05 in Music Practice Room 3
- Thursday 29th November, 6.30-7.05 in Music Practice Room 3
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
The Chorus Exec