|Dear <<First Name>>,
Welcome to the week of our concert! We hope you're feeling prepared and excited for the performance and are looking forward to our next rehearsal, with Symphony Orchestra, on Tuesday! Details below...
End of Term Concert
- We have 3 rehearsals remaining on the count-down to the date of our concert! Please pay special attention to the rehearsals with the Symphony Orchestra, in bold. These are:
- Tues 27th Nov - 7pm-8:30pm - Butterworth Hall (Chorus + Symphony Orchestra)
- Thurs 29th Nov - 7pm-9:30pm - Woods Scawen Room (Chorus)
- Sun 2nd Dec - 11am-1pm - Butterworth Hall (Chorus + Symphony Orchestra)
Christian Union Carol Concert
- We would like to make you aware of a few things before the date of our concert:
- You will need to bring your score that you are using during rehearsal with you for the performance. Given that many of us are using different scores, please take note for yourself where each of the movements we are performing are located in your score, so as to make them easy to find on the day. You can find a list of the movements in the Learning Tools section of the email.
- Our green room will be the Helen Martin Studio. We will have access to this at some point before the beginning of the concert, but specific timings will be confirmed on the day.
- The following will be the general dress code for our main concert each term. Any changes will be made clear in the weeks prior to the concert. For any questions, or if you have difficulty obtaining anything, then please ask a member of the Exec:
- Black socks & shoes
- Black trousers or skirt (with black tights)
- Black shirt (no tie) or top (must cover shoulders)
- Stand to receive applause as directed by the conductor. When standing you are receiving applause, so please do not applaud other performers as it looks untidy.
- The itinerary for the day will be as follows:
- 10:45am - Chorus members begin to arrive and find their seats, ready for the beginning of rehearsal.
- 11am - Our final rehearsal begins.
- 1pm - Rehearsal finishes, and you are invited to join us in the Dirty Duck for lunch.
- 3:30pm - Chorus members reconvene in the Helen Martin Studio to prepare for the beginning of the concert.
- 4pm - Our performance begins.
- After the concert - Please bring your scores to the Helen Martin Studio, where exec members will be collecting them back in. You are then free to leave.
- We will be singing Sussex Carol and In the Bleak Midwinter in the Christian Union Carol Concert on Tuesday 4th December, 7pm-9pm. We encourage you all to come along and perform with us for what is always a very relaxed and enjoyable concert. The facebook event page can be viewed here.
- Our remaining rehearsal for this will be the same as last week - following on from our usual Thursday rehearsal on the 29th November, 9:30pm-10pm in Woods Scawen Room.
- Even if you can't make this extra rehearsal, however, please do still come to the performance, and feel free to bring along any friends and acquaintances who might like to sing with us as well! The bigger our numbers, the better the experience will be for us and everyone in the audience - the more, the merrier!
- This term we are rehearsing Handel's Messiah for our end of term concert on Sunday 2nd December, 4pm in Butterworth Hall. You can purchase tickets for this concert here.
- Rehearsals are every Thursday from 7:00pm-9:30pm up until the date of the concert and take place in the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre. You can view it's location on the interactive campus map, outlined in red, here.
- You can purchase your subscription here and your score deposit here. The payment deadline was Thursday 8th November, so if you have not paid we will be contacting you to make arrangements for this.
- Our Term 1 Rehearsal and Concert Schedule is available here.
- There are learning tools available online to help you consolidate your learning at home. These can be accessed by following the link here. There is also a youtube video available here.
- We are performing the following movements of Messiah:
- 4 And the glory of the Lord
- 7 And he shall purify
- 9 O thou that tellest good tidings
- 12 For unto us a Child is born
- 17 Glory to God
- 24 Surely He hath borne our griefs
- 25 And with His stripes
- 26 All we like sheep
- 44 Hallelujah
- 53 Worthy is the Lamb
Term 1 Socials!
Carol Singing in aid of Save the Children
- We have two socials remaining for the rest of Term 1:
- Sunday 2nd December - A group of us will be having a meal in The Dirty Duck on campus in-between the end of our concert-day rehearsal and the start of our actual performance, so please do feel free to join us and refuel for the concert with some good food!
- Friday 7th December - We will be attending the UV Paint Party in the Copper Rooms, with circling beforehand. Timings will be announced closer to the time. If you haven't got a ticket yet but still want to come, there might be a couple left if you purchase them as soon as possible. However, you are welcome to join us for circling only if you are not able to attend the main event. You can buy tickets here.
- If you have any questions about the socials this term then please email Tiff (Internal Publicity/Socials Secretary) on: email@example.com
- There will be a Carol Singing Service held at Royal Priors on Friday 7th December, 12:30pm-2:30pm in aid of Save the Children.
- If any Chorus members would like to volunteer for this good cause, then please email the chorus email address to express your interest.
- There is one remaining rehearsal for this:
- Thursday 29th November, 6.30-7.05 in Music Practice Room 3
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chorus Exec