|Dear <<First Name>>,
Week 5 has arrived, which means we are halfway through term, and more than halfway to the date of our concert! So while we all eagerly anticipate our next rehearsal, here are your Chorus updates.
- This term we are rehearsing Handel's Messiah for our end of term concert on Sunday 2nd December, 4pm in Butterworth Hall. You can purchase tickets for this concert here.
- There are learning tools available online to help you consolidate your learning at home. These can be accessed by following the link here.
- Rehearsals are every Thursday from 7:00pm-9:30pm up until the date of the concert and take place in the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre. You can view it's location on the interactive campus map, outlined in red, here.
- Our Term 1 Rehearsal and Concert Schedule is available here.
Subscriptions and Score Deposits
- You can purchase your subscription here and your score deposit here. The payment deadline is Thursday 8th November (Week 6), so if you have not paid by this point we will begin contacting people individually to follow up on this.
- Subscription costs for the year are as follows:
- Standard Membership - £60
- Concessions - £40
- UoW Students - Free
- The score deposit is £20, which is refundable upon request when you leave Chorus. Anyone who has paid a score deposit in the past which has not been refunded does not need to do so again - it is a one-time fee to cover any potential loss or damage that may occur whilst you are in possession of a score provided by us.
Term 1 Socials!
Carol Singing in aid of Save the Children
- We have two socials coming up in this following week, namely:
- Attending a viewing of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' by Warwick Student Cinema on Tuesday 30th October, 7:30pm (dress-up optional). Tickets are bought on the door, but arrive early to avoid the queues and get better seats. The screening will happen in L3, just off the science concourse, which can be viewed on the interactive campus map here.
- Taking a group trip to the Kenilworth Fireworks Display on Saturday 3rd November. Entry gates are open from 5:30pm-6:45pm, but we will confirm final timing and travel details during Thursday's rehearsal. You can buy your tickets for this here. (Also wrap up warm and wear comfortable walking shoes, since it's likely to be a bit cold and muddy)
- Remember that a number of our socials this term require that you buy tickets in advance, so if you would like a reminder of these or the ticket links then please refer to the Week 3 Chorus email.
- If you have any questions about the socials this term, or would like to make transport arrangements for the Love Wine Festival, then please email Tiff (Internal Publicity/Socials Secretary) on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a Carol Singing Service held at Royal Priors on Friday 7th December, 12:30pm-2:30pm in aid of Save the Children.
- If any Chorus members would like to volunteer for this good cause, then please email the chorus email address to express your interest.
- There will likely be an extra rehearsal for this in the days following on from our end of term concert, but the date and time of this is yet to be confirmed.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
The Chorus Exec