|Dear <<First Name>>,
Thank you to everyone who came to our very successful first rehearsal of Handel's Messiah last week. As we reach Week 3 of term and start to properly settle into the academic year, here is this weeks (quite chunky) Chorus email...
Subscriptions and Score Deposits
- We are happy to say that the payment links for subscriptions and score deposits are now live, so please buy them as soon as you can. You can purchase your subscription here and your score deposit here.
- Subscription costs for the year are as follows:
- Standard Membership - £60
- Concessions - £40
- UoW Students - Free
- The score deposit is £20, which is refundable upon request when you leave Chorus. Anyone who has paid a score deposit in the past which has not been refunded does not need to do so again - it is a one-time fee to cover any potential loss or damage that may occur whilst you are in possession of a score provided by us.
- This term we are rehearsing Handel's Messiah for our end of term concert on Sunday 2nd December, 4pm in Butterworth Hall. You can purchase tickets for this concert here.
- There are learning tools available online to help you consolidate your learning at home. These can be accessed by following the link here.
- Rehearsals are every Thursday from 7:00pm-9:30pm up until the date of the concert and take place in the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre. You can view it's location on the interactive campus map, outlined in red, here.
- Our Term 1 Rehearsal and Concert Schedule is available here.
2018/19 Concert Dates
Term 1 Socials!
- Our end of term concert dates for this academic year are as follows:
- Term 1 - Sunday 2nd December at 4pm in the Butterworth Hall
- Term 2 - Sunday 10th March, timings yet to be confirmed
- Term 3 - Sunday 23rd June, timings yet to be confirmed
- We have a very exciting term full of socials and activities to suit all tastes ahead of us, and we encourage you to come along to as many of these as you would like - the more the merrier! You are encouraged to buy tickets - where relevant - as soon as possible to avoid disappointment, and so that we can plan accordingly.
- Here is the information as we have it so far and links to buy tickets online, but more details will be released closer to the respective dates.
- Wed 17 Oct - Week 3 Pop! & Joint Circle with Opera Warwick - 8pm
- Pop! tickets are now sold out, but even if you don't have one you can still join in with circling beforehand at Bar Fusion on campus from 8pm.
- Sun 28 Oct - Met Opera Live 'La Fanciulla del West' (Puccini) - 3pm
- Tues 30 Oct - 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' screening at Warwick Student Cinema - 7:30pm
- If you want to dress up in Rocky Horror appropriate gear for this, then feel free!
- Tickets are bought on the door, but arrive early to avoid the queues and get better seats.
- Sat 3 Nov - Kenilworth Firework Display - Gates open from 5:30pm to 6:45pm
- Sat 10 Nov - Love Wine Festival in Birmingham
- For those wanting to travel by train, we advise you join the exec in leaving from Coventry or Canley train stations at around 11am. Specific train times will be confirmed closer to the time.
- If anyone is unable to travel by train or make their own way there, Tiff (Internal Publicity/Socials Secretary) is able to drive a few people there. She has 4 seats in her car available on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you want to arrange this, please contact Tiff on the email address given at the bottom of this section.
- Individual tickets to the event can be purchased for £22. We will be attending the 12pm-3pm session.
- Group tickets can be purchased for £20 per person, providing you have at least 10 people in a group. The Chorus exec will purchase the group ticket and then collect the money from attendees in the group. To arrange being involved in this, either contact Tiff on the email address at the bottom of this section, or contact Chorus on the email address provided at the end of the email. .
- Sun 2 Dec - Concert Day Group Meal
- We will be eating a meal together at either The Dirty Duck or Bar Fusion between the end of rehearsals and the start of the concert.
- Fri 7 Dec - Circling and UV Paint Party in Copper Rooms
- Circling will likely happen in the Terrace Bar, but this will be confirmed at a later date. Don't wait until the end of the term to buy tickets, as this is a popular event that only happens once a year.
- If you have any questions about the socials this term, or would like to make arrangements for the Love Wine Festival, then please email Tiff (Internal Publicity/Socials Secretary) on: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
The Chorus Exec