|Dear <<First Name>>,
First of all, huge congratulations on a superb first term and a really splendid performance of Messiah. Bravo! I wanted to get in touch to update you on plans for next term.
I am (officially!) returning from maternity leave in January but sadly Paul won't be back, so I have asked the fabulous Mark Wilde to return to work with you. I know he's been very popular this term, and we're very lucky to be able to work with him again. Thank you, Mark! I plan to conduct Chorus in term 3.
Chorus being on top form at the moment, I wanted to try something a little different with you next term, and Mark and I have put together the following repertoire:
- Mahler: Symphony No. 2 "Resurrection". We will perform this with the orchestra. If you don't know it, you will soon find out that this is one of the great masterpieces of all time, and my number one Desert Island Disc! The Chorus sings for only the last 15 minutes of this epic work, but they are some of the greatest, most beautiful and meaningful minutes of music you will ever sing. The experience of a lifetime. Can't wait!
- Bruckner: Motets. Mahler and Bruckner go hand in hand, and we thought it was about time we give you the exciting challenge of performing some a cappella works again. Absolutely classic repertoire, really beautiful and a joy to sing. These will include Ave Maria, Os Justi, Locus Iste and Christus Factus Est. A youtube video for Christus Factus Est can be found here.
- Finally, something new! Jonathan Dove's They Will Rise. This piece, for choir and organ, was premiered in Westminster Abbey in July 2018. It's absolutely beautiful and will fit in well with our theme of resurrection. The youtube video can be found here.
I hope you'll enjoy this interesting and varied mix of amazing music. Dates for next term are as follows, with rehearsals, as always, 7-9.30pm in the Woods Scawen Room:
- Thurs 10th Jan
- Thurs 17th Jan
- Thurs 24th Jan
- Thurs 31st Jan
- Thurs 7th Feb
- Thurs 14th Feb
- Thurs 21st Feb
- Thurs 28th Feb
- Tues 5th March: please note extra rehearsal with orchestra for the Mahler, 7pm, Butterworth Hall
- Thurs 7th March
- Sun 10th March: rehearsal (times TBC) and concert (4pm)
I look forward to seeing in January. In the meantime, I wish you and your families all a very happy Christmas.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chorus Exec