|Dear <<First Name>>,
It was wonderful to see so many faces, both old and new, at our first rehearsal last Thursday, and as we enter Week 2 of term we are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible again at our free concert on Tuesday! With a busy week ahead of us, here are all the details you need to know...
- This year, our free concert will be held on Tuesday 9th October, 7:00pm-9:00pm in the Butterworth Hall.
- Tickets for audience members are available to reserve here, so please do encourage your friends and family to come along for an evening of entertainment that's both fun and free.
- Please arrive for rehearsal at 5:15pm in the Butterworth Hall, and bring along the music you were provided with during the previous rehearsal for use during the concert.
- Our green room will be the Helen Martin Studio, and the time that we will have access to it from will be announced during rehearsal. The dress code for this concert is all-black.
- The schedule for the evening is as follows:
- 5:15pm - Arrive at the Butterworth Hall for the start of the rehearsal
- Shortly before the concert - A short break and storing belongings in the Helen Martin Studio
- 7:00pm - The concert will begin
- 9:00pm onwards - You are invited to attend a Music Centre social being held in Bar Fusion after the concert
- As always, it would be great to see as many of you as possible performing with us at the free concert! It is a highlight of the yearly Chorus calendar and something that helps us show off our talent, or at least our enthusiasm, and recruit even more new members.
Week 2 Rehearsal
- During this weeks rehearsal on Thursday 11th October we will begin rehearsing Handel's Messiah in preparation for our end of term concert.
- Please arrive by 6:30pm in order to claim scores from the Chorus exec, who will be positioned outside the Woods-Scawen Room. However, there will be a lecture ongoing in the room until 7pm, so ensure that you do not enter the room before this time.
- We will be using the Prout Novello version of the score, so if you possess your own copy of this then feel free use that rather than the ones provided by Chorus.
- This term we are rehearsing Handel's Messiah for our end of term concert on Sunday 2nd December, 4pm in Butterworth Hall. You can purchase tickets for this concert here.
- There will soon be learning tools available online to help you consolidate your learning at home. We will post a link to these in future emails once they become available.
- Rehearsals are every Thursday from 7:00pm-9:30pm up until the date of the concert and take place in the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre. You can view it's location on the interactive campus map, outlined in red, here.
- Our Term 1 Rehearsal and Concert Schedule is available here.
Subscriptions and Score Deposits
- Unfortunately, the payment links for both subscriptions and score deposits are still not working, so we are not able to take payments at this time. However, they will be up soon and we will inform you when this occurs. In the meantime, we apologise for the delay.
- Subscription costs for the year are as follows:
- Standard Membership - £60
- Concessions - £40
- UoW Students - Free
- The score deposit is £20, which is refundable upon request when you leave Chorus. Anyone who has paid a score deposit in the past which has not been refunded does not need to do so again - it is a one-time fee to cover any potential loss or damage that may occur whilst you are in possession of a score provided by us.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
The Chorus Exec