|Dear <<First Name>>,
Week 8 is nearly upon us, meaning we're already approaching the end of Term 1! Here is everything you need to know for the jam-packed few weeks ahead...
Christian Union Carol Concert
- We have 4 rehearsals remaining on the count-down to the date of our concert! Please pay special attention to the rehearsals with the Symphony Orchestra, in bold. These are:
- Thurs 22nd Nov - 7pm-9:30pm - Woods Scawen Room (Chorus)
- Tues 27th Nov - 7pm-8:30pm - Butterworth Hall (Chorus + Symphony Orchestra)
- Thurs 29th Nov - 7pm-9:30pm - Woods Scawen Room (Chorus)
- Sun 2nd Dec - 11am-1pm - Butterworth Hall (Chorus + Symphony Orchestra)
- As usual, we will be performing in the yearly Christian Union Carol Concert on Tuesday 4th December, 7pm-9pm. We encourage you all to come along and perform with us for what is always a very relaxed and enjoyable concert. The facebook event page can be viewed here.
- We will be singing Sussex Carol and In the Bleak Midwinter.
- There will be a separate rehearsal for the Carol Concert, the timings of which will be announced soon.
- This term we are rehearsing Handel's Messiah for our end of term concert on Sunday 2nd December, 4pm in Butterworth Hall. You can purchase tickets for this concert here.
- There are learning tools available online to help you consolidate your learning at home. These can be accessed by following the link here. There is also a youtube video available here.
- Rehearsals are every Thursday from 7:00pm-9:30pm up until the date of the concert and take place in the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre. You can view it's location on the interactive campus map, outlined in red, here.
- You can purchase your subscription here and your score deposit here. The payment deadline was Thursday 8th November, so if you have not paid we will be contacting you to make arrangements for this.
- Our Term 1 Rehearsal and Concert Schedule is available here.
Term 1 Socials!
Carol Singing in aid of Save the Children
- We have two socials remaining for the rest of Term 1:
- Sunday 2nd December - A group of us will be having a meal in The Dirty Duck on campus inbetween the end of our concert-day rehearsal and the start of our actual performance, so please do feel free to join us and refuel for the concert with some good food!
- Friday 7th December - We will be attending the UV Paint Party in the Copper Rooms, with circling beforehand. Timings will be announced closer to the time. If you haven't got a ticket yet but still want to come, there might be a couple left if you purchase them as soon as possible. However, you are welcome to join us for circling only if you are not able to attend the main event. You can buy tickets here.
- If you have any questions about the socials this term then please email Tiff (Internal Publicity/Socials Secretary) on: email@example.com
Chamber Choir Concert
- There will be a Carol Singing Service held at Royal Priors on Friday 7th December, 12:30pm-2:30pm in aid of Save the Children.
- If any Chorus members would like to volunteer for this good cause, then please email the chorus email address to express your interest.
- There will be two rehearsals for this:
- Thursday 22nd November, 6.30-7.05 in Music Practice Room 3
- Thursday 29th November, 6.30-7.05 in Music Practice Room 3
- Our friends at Chamber Choir are performing on Saturday 24th November at 7pm at St. Nicholas Church, 28 High Street, Kenilworth, CV8 1LZ.
- The concert - Stargazer - consists of contemporary choral music inspired by the stars, featuring music by Dove, Roth, Esenvalds, Sisack and Faure's Requiem.
- Tickets are £8 (or £5 for students) purchased on the door.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chorus Exec