Dear <<First Name>>,
It's week 10! The week after the concert! A huge congratulations to all those who performed in the concert, I hope you had a wonderful time! This email is a long one and includes some inportant information about score return, please make sure you have returned your score; there is also some information about tour with regards to Corvid-19 (corona virus) so please make sure you read that as well.
This Term’s Repertoire: Score Return
If you were unable to make this term's concert or otherwise forgot to hand in your score, could you either hand in the score at the next rehearsal if you are able to attend (this thursday) or:
Our mailing address is :
- bring them in person and give them directly to the office,
- or leave them in the chorus pigeon hole beside the office.
- Alternatively, you can mail them into us via the address below.
University of Warwick Chorus
C/o Music Centre Warwick Arts Centre
University of Warwick
The week 10 rehearsal for the tour
If you are going on tour this week's rehearsal is the time to re-familiarise yourself with the piece(s) we are taking on tour.
As far as we are aware it is still taking place in the Woods Scawen room as the wind orchestra has use of the butterworth.
With just 1 week to go we’re excited to provide some more details about our tour with Symphony Orchestra to Croatia. A full programme including concert venues and some fabulous excursions will be available shortly.
Flight details: Saturday 14th. March 2020 - BA flight BA0848 leaves London Heathrow Terminal 3 at 13.20. Arrives Zagreb 16.40.
Friday 20th. March 2020 - BA flight BA0849 leaves Zagreb 16.30. Arrives London Heathrow Terminal 3 at 18.10.
Flight includes one piece of checked baggage and one cabin bag for each passenger at no extra charge. Further information on baggage dimensions can be found on BA website.
Transport to and from Heathrow is available as Glenne has kindly arranged an excellent deal with Brookline Coaches.
As advised there is a small surcharge since we are a little down on numbers. £3.00.
Please bring to the next Chorus rehearsal. All travellers will receive a paper document with timings and joining instructions
Further to requests the venues for getting onto the coach are:
1) Brookline, Kenilworth depot oat Unit 11, Princes Drive at 7:50am
2) Car park 2 at the University at 8:10 am
3) Leamington Newbold Terrace opposite Police station at 8:35am
Please inform Glenne which one is your joining venue.
Information for the returning coach will be provided next week
Hotel: We are staying at the Hotel Neboder in Rijeka. Hotel Neboder has 54 rooms, many with a balcony and panoramic view of the city of Rijeka and Kvarner Bay. All rooms are air-conditioned with TV and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
Repertoire: Haydn Nelson Mass and Beethoven 7th. Symphony. Our conductors will be Lucy Hollins and Mark Wilde.
Currency: Although you may like to take some Croatian Kuna (HRK) we understand the exchange rate may be more advantageous in Croatia.
If you are a new member, this is the link to paying the subscription. If you are a Warwick University student, please email us so we can update our records. The membership is free for Warwick students (this includes phd students).
It’s been a rather turbulent week for Tour Committee with concerns about the Corvid-19 outbreak but at the moment, and we do realise things could rapidly change, tour is still going ahead. Our current understanding is that the Croatian authorities are not planning any major restrictions so let's keep our fingers (previously washed for 20 secs of course) crossed that tour goes ahead without any further problems. However, we do understand that if any members of Chorus or Orchestra are concerned for their own health that they may choose to drop out but we need to know this immediately. We will of course respect any individual decisions but as everything is booked and paid for any personal financial repercussions would need to be addressed through the individual’s travel insurance.
We’re delighted our conductor for the tour will be Mark Wilde. We are disappointed about the low Opatija tickets sales but will go ahead with the concert in the hope that more people turn up on the night. Please be assured the tour committee are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and Chris is travelling out to Croatia tomorrow so will be able to provide any further Information or advice. If you’ve got any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to contact the Tour Committee. With many thanks and we’ll keep you posted.
However, if any member of Chorus has visited China or Italy since the beginning of February please let the tour committee know immediately. This information is required by the Croatian authorities. Many thanks.
This is the link to paying the score deposit for new members. https://www.warwickartscentre.co.uk/choose-seats/28601
AGM and Exec Elections
- Our AGM and Exec Elections will be held during our break of the rehearsal in the beginning of Term 3, the exact date is TBC
- You will be informed of the details for the meeting agenda in due course, but if you have a particular topic you would like to be addressed during the meeting, or any questions, then please send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will also be electing a new Exec! The Exec are a group of students and non-students who are elected on a yearly basis to organise the running of the Chorus. Briefly, the roles are:
- President - Student only - Responsible for the day-to-day running of Chorus; Liaises with members, the Music Centre, and the Arts Centre; Organises other members of the exec committee; Is on the tour committee.
- Vice-President - Student only - Writes the weekly email; Operates as back-up for the President.
- Treasurer - Student only - Manages Chorus finances; Liaises with the Arts Centre Finance office; Is on the tour committee.
- Secretary - Setting up and taking down the keyboard during rehearsals; Handles the scores; Takes minutes at meetings.
- Internal Publicity - Student only - Promotes the society around campus; Is the primary contact and organiser for socials; Updates social media and the website; Organises merchandise.
- External Publicity - Promotes Chorus outside of the university; Responsible for flyering and advertising our concerts.
- Events Manager - Organises Chorus members and their movements on concert days; Provides assistance to the tour committee.
- For more information on the roles and to see who is currently in which position, visit: uowchorus.com/executive-committee.
- All roles are open for election and it would be great to see lots of people running! Some roles require less commitment than the others and so we highly recommend that you get involved!
- If you would like to nominate yourself or ask any questions about what the roles entail, please talk to any of the current exec or email us at email@example.com
Should you wish to purchase a Chorus hoodie, you can do so by following this link: Chorus Clothing
The Chorus exec