|Dear <<First Name>>,
We hope that you enjoyed your first rehearsal of Term 2, and are looking forward to many more! Here are some important details for members new and old about the term ahead.
- This term we are rehearsing Mahler's Symphony No. 2 - Resurrection and Bruckner's Motets. Online learning tools will soon be made available so that you can consolidate your learning at home.
- Our end of term concert will be on Sunday 10th March at 4pm in the Butterworth Hall. You can purchase your tickets for this here.
- Rehearsals are every Thursday from 7:00pm-9:30pm up until the date of the concert and take place in the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre. You can view it's location on the interactive campus map, outlined in red, here.
- Our Term 2 rehearsal and concert schedule is as follows, with events other than usual Thursday rehearsals in bold:
- Thurs 10th Jan
- Thurs 17th Jan
- Thurs 24th Jan
- Thurs 31st Jan
- Thurs 7th Feb
- Thurs 14th Feb
- Thurs 21st Feb
- Thurs 28th Feb
- Tues 5th March: please note extra rehearsal with orchestra for the Mahler, 7pm, Butterworth Hall
- Thurs 7th March
- Sun 10th March: rehearsal (times TBC) and concert (4pm), Butterworth Hall
- A link to the rehearsal schedule can also be found here.
New members: Subscriptions and Score Deposits
- If you are new to Chorus this term, please feel free to attend a few rehearsals before deciding if you would like to commit by paying the subscription and fully-refundable score deposit. If you are a UoW student, then you are only required to purchase a score deposit, as subscription is free.
- You can purchase your subscription here and your score deposit here.
- Please try to avoid using the Box Office to make these payments - unless you don't have internet access or are experiencing issues with the online booking system. Furthermore, the Box Office will be unable to process transactions of this nature during peak times and during shows.
- Subscription costs for the period until the end of this academic year are as follows:
- Standard Membership - £60
- Concessions - £40
- UoW Students - Free
- The score deposit is £20, which is refundable upon request when you leave Chorus. Anyone who has paid a score deposit in the past which has not been refunded does not need to do so again - it is a one-time fee to cover any potential loss or damage that may occur whilst you are in possession of a score provided by us.
Term 2 Socials Calendar
- Here we have the prospective details for all of our socials this term, planned by our wonderful Internal Publicity/Socials Secretary, Tiff! Please take note of the dates given here, but bear in mind that small changes may be made as the term progresses, which you will be made aware of through emails and announcements.
- Wed 16 Jan - Trip to see 'Mary Poppins Returns' at Odeon, Coventry - 5:15pm
- If you are travelling from campus, meet at the Bus Interchange at 4:25pm to travel into Coventry. The Odeon itself is located in the Sky Dome, nearby Ikea.
- If you are making your own way there, please be in the cinema lobby by 5pm so that we can organise tickets and find our seats.
- Tues 5 Feb - Chinese New Year in Birmingham City Centre - 5pm
- We will likely be meeting at Coventry or Canley train station, and then travelling to Birmingham as a group. The event is on from 11am-8pm, but we will likely aim to arrive for 5pm.
- Wed 13 Feb - Quiz Night at Procaffeinate, Leamington Spa - 8pm
- Join us for a social in Leamington with a chance to win £200! Whilst the quiz itself begins at 8pm, it is likely we will be trying to get there earlier in order to secure a table or two. The venue's website can be found here.
- Mon 18 Feb - Kasbah + Pre-drinks - 7pm
- We will be having pre-drinks at Tiff's house from 7pm - it's bring-your-own-booze and feel free to bring friends - and going on from there to Kasbah later in the night. More details closer to the time.
- Sun 10 Mar - Concert Day Meal at the Dirty Duck - In-between our rehearsal and performance, times TBC
- As is tradition, many of us will be eating lunch at the Dirty Duck after we finish our final rehearsal. Please feel free to join us in fuelling up for the performance ahead!
- Mon 11 Mar - Movie Marathon! (A Night-In at Tiff's) - Times TBC
- De-stress from the excitement of the previous day with a night of snacks, hot chocolate, and as many movies as we can fit in - pyjamas optional, but recommended!
- Tiff (Internal Puclicity/Socials Secretary) will kindly be hosting us at her house, and the choice of films will be decided by vote once everyone has arrived.
- Sat 16 Mar - A Day Out in Stratford-upon-Avon (TBC) - Times TBC
- To end Term 2 on a high, we will hopefully be heading out into Stratford for the day for a relaxed stroll around some of the popular landmarks, a spot of shopping, potentially a trip to the pub, and a wander alongside the River Avon.
- It isn't yet confirmed that this social will definitely be going ahead, so keep an eye and an ear out for further announcements.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
The Chorus Exec