Continue cultivating your spiritual life
with this short, practical guide that will
help you develop the soul-nourishing
habits that lead to sanctity.
As he did for saints and sinners in
his own time, St. Francis de Sales will stiffen
your resolve and help you gain small victories
over unruly passions, and restore in you a
trusting confidence in Jesus Christ.
Soon you'll find yourself delivered
from the chains of self-love as your soul
opens to divine goodness and your heart
is shaped into a fitting place for Christ
to dwell and reign eternally.
If you find it difficult to live amid
the clamor of the world with your eyes
fixed on Christ alone, let St. Francis de Sales
teach you how to live as a true rose
among thorns as you learn . . .
- What to do when you stop finding consolation during prayer
- How to place yourself in the presence of God
- How busy people should pray
- How to be patient with your family
- How to know when your feelings are from God or the devil
- What to do about repeated spiritual dryness
- The three things you must do to be at peace
- How to avoid thoughts that give us anxious and restless minds
Absorb the wisdom in these
holy pages, and you'll soon make
true progress on your spiritual journey
and navigate with confidence the
treacherous waters of our