|From raunchy television shows
to immoral peers, the barriers to
raising moral and mature children
are higher and more treacherous
In Raising Upright Kids
in an Upside-Down World, acclaimed
Catholic psychologist Dr. Ray Guarendi
offers parents a roadmap through this
difficult and sometimes
Dr. Ray brings to bear his decades
of clinical experience—and his experience
as a father of ten—with some of the hardest
questions of modern parenting:
- How do you manage kids’ access to pop culture—and to the corporations who all want a piece of their allowance?
- When do you give (or take away) a smartphone?
- How do you respond to others, including your own family, who don’t approve of your countercultural parenting?
- How much freedom do you give your kids to choose their own friends—and when do you step in when they make wrong choices?
- What are the habits of mind you need to form in them so they can stand strong against a morally and spiritually corrosive culture?
- How do you handle the overabundance of stuff—toys, clothes, technology—that clogs up your family’s everyday life?
Raising Upright Kids in an
Upside-Down World is a clarion
call for strong, confident parenting
in confusing times.
More importantly, Dr. Ray gives
you the resources to grow in that confidence:
the knowledge of an expert, the insight of an
experienced clinician, and the wisdom of
decades of fatherhood.
This is a book for parents who
aim to form children who value the
things of God, no matter the work or
the effort. Dr. Ray is here to tell
you: It’s worth it.
Raising Upright Kids In an Upside-Down World: Defying the Anti-Parent Culture
by Dr. Ray Guarendi
Paperback | eBook
Today's Sale Price: $12.99!