A free e-training for adult education staff starts in March
After a very successful e-training in 2015, with almost 100 participants from all over Europe completing it, the AE-PRO project invites adult educators to take part in its second online course: 'Adult Learning in the 21st Century'. The training includes sessions on themes such as immigration, European policy work, employment, life skills, sustainability, social cohesion and active citizenship.
The free online course begins on 17 March 2016 via our online Adult Education Learning Platform. The registration is now open; if you want to follow the whole e-training, please register by 10 March.
The structure of the e-training is based on EAEA's recent publication, 'Manifesto for Adult Learning in the 21st Century', which sets objectives for creating a Learning Europe: a Europe that is able to tackle the future positively and with all necessary skills, knowledge and competences.
The e-training is organised by EAEA-led European Adult Education (Young) Professionals Learning Platform (AE-PRO) project, which aims to increase the knowledge of staff about adult education in Europe. It promotes the exchange of innovation across Europe through intergenerational learning, and the learning of experts and peers. AE-PRO provides opportunities for the professional development and training of staff through the coordinated use of Erasmus+ mobilities.
Who is it for?
The training is for you if:
- You want to increase your knowledge about adult education in Europe;
- You lack formal training in adult education;
- You want to improve your professional skills;
- You want to network with adult educators across Europe;
- You want to know more about adult education policy and advocacy on a European level.
- You can study the whole programme or individual modules: Participants will develop their own personal portfolio during the course;
- Register online at www.ae-learning.eu;
- If you want to follow the whole programme, register by 10 March 2016;
- Start date: 17 March at 11.00 CET; end date: July (exact end date tbc) with assignments over the summer;
- There is no age limit;
- The study language is English;
- The training is completely free of charge;
- The training consists of online sessions, forum discussions and self-study;
- You can access the complete study programme and registration guidelines on the AE-Pro website;
- More information on the AE-PRO website or from Project Coordinator Tania Berman.