New interactive platform for students and academics to access their textbooks online
Bibliotech has developed a web app that provides students and academics with required and recommended textbooks tailored to their course and university, at any time, on any device, for a small monthly fee (www.bibliotech.education).
Licenses have been agreed with Taylor & Francis Group, Macmillan, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, Cengage Learning, Elsevier, Royal Society of Chemistry and Scion Publishing. Negotiations are being finalised with McGraw Hill, Wiley, and Springer Nature.
Key innovations include:
- Subscription library - students can access required and recommended textbooks tailored to their course and university instantly, with no download or installation.
- Search engine - students can access definitions, diagrams and examples from the entire subscription library by searching for a particular term or concept.
- Live messaging - students can direct questions to academics and librarians through a live messaging service.
- Integrated lecture material - academics can drop, drag and link textbook content in their lecture slides.
- Reading list and analytics - academics can build reading lists and see whether students have completed their assigned reading.
For a demonstration, contact Dave Sherwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07463 779919.