15 March 2020 Coronavirus edition
Lectures Cancelled: More Time for Writing!
What I've Been Doing
Well, since I last sent out this newsletter (only 2 weeks ago!), the virus situation has escalated quickly all across the US. Millions of people are now working from home, schools (and now restaurants) are being closed, and church services are being streamed online.
Like so many other genealogical speakers, my lectures are being cancelled for the immediate future, and I have noted those on my website. I'm planning on doing some more writing during this time: updating my first two books, and writing a new one. In addition to that, I am making my handouts available for free, for those of you who are turning to genealogical research. See details below.
* Placing myself in quarantine; the only exception is going to babysit Summer twice a week
* Watching virtual services at the National Cathedral and St. Mark's Cathedral in Seattle
* Reading the local news on Seattle Times & Tacoma News Tribune
* Planning to write another book based on one of my new lectures: Don't Trust the Transcript: Avoiding the Pitfalls in Genealogy Research
* As always, reading, reading, reading
* WASHING MY HANDS!