Join a Society
Earlier this month I watched an excellent webinar that was sponsored by the Utah Genealogical Association, and as a result I've decided to join. There are many benefits - a monthly newsletter and a quarterly journal (with back issues available online), webinars and discounts. Other societies have similar benefits:
What I've Been Doing
* Ohio Genealogical Society has several online databases, quarterly journal and newsletter, a huge library located in Columbus, and webinars.
* Southern California Genealogical Society is famous for their Jamboree (next scheduled for 2021), but they have a huge amount of information, including newsletters, journals and webinars, on their website.
* The International German Genealogy Partnership is a great society to join if you have German ancestry. There is a biannual conference (next is Cincinnati, OH in 2021), links, research aids and newsletters.
The membership fees (generally between $25 and $40) are more than worth it - find a society and join today!
* Planning my research trip to Beulah and Manistee, Michigan this September
* Creating a research plan for a trip to the Washington State Library later this month
* Continuing with client research and writing reports
* Submitting my second article to the National Genealogical Society Quarterly
* Dipping my toes in French-Canadian research