We MUST Avoid a Run-Off!
Over the past few weeks, polling has shown Michelle Nunn steadily closing in on David Perdue. Various pundits have cautioned that Ms. Nunn’s chances may be lower than they might appear because of the Libertarian candidate, Amanda Swafford, and Georgia’s requirement that the race go to a runoff if no candidate gets more than 50 percent of the vote. If we turn out in the numbers that we did in 2012, we can shut both Swafford and Purdue down!
Republicans are hoping for a run-off election that will stretch into January - we can prevent that from happening!
- It's being reported that over half of blacks are not sure when the next election is - we can DEFINITELY change this!
- In Georgia – 1.1 Million voters went to the polls in 2012, but only 741,000 turned out in 2010
- In 2012, African-American voters showed up to vote at rates higher than whites – we need to do it again!
We have an obligation to those that came before us to exercise our right to vote!
What Can I Do Now?
- Join us this Thursday October 23rd, 2014 at 8:00pm EST for our GOTV Strategy Session
- Go to BlackWomenForObama.org for more information
Conference Line: 712.775.7031
Meeting ID: 237-867-608
But What Can I Do Right NOW?
- Go to http://www.blackwomenforobama.org and download the #NoVoteNoVoice campaign package
- Go to http://www.canivote.org for state-specific information on voter ID, important dates, and your voting status – encourage everyone else to as well!
- Social Media is our most powerful tool at this late date to drive awareness – post every day until November 4th, using the hashtag #NoVoteNoVoice
- Challenge your Facebook friends to ‘Take the Pledge’!