Out with the Old, In with the New!
As we look forward to all the great projects and events that will be happening at the space in 2014, it's also fun to look back at our incredibly busy 2013. Member Dominic Morrow has compiled some of our best bits into a pictorial review of 2013, including Maker Faire, the Ukulele Orchestra, and our moment of fame on BBC Click!
We also asked Hackspace members to tell us their project plans for 2014 - from everyday adventures to epic follies. Here are just some of the responses:
- Gareth wants to make a clock that knits a scarf row every day to produce a year-long scarf
- Adam wants to create a gaming PC case from a .50 calibre ammo case
- Rave wants to make a full suit of Necromonger armour
- James H. wants to make an atomic model of DNA
- Pat wants to design a toilet bowl for use in zero gravity
- Kate wants to knit a shawl that looks like a maple leaf
- Nader wants to launch a satellite into space!
You can read the thread and add your own plans on the Google Group! We're looking forward to seeing what great projects you get involved with this year!