CNHED will host Odie Donald, Executive Director of the DC Workforce Investment Council (WIC).
You’ll hear about what the workforce system looks like in DC under the District’s new statewide workforce development plan, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Participants will also learn about and discuss:
- The role of the WIC, its intersection with DOES and other government agencies
- How the workforce system will help to eliminate barriers to employment for residents
- What some of the high growth industries are that support career pathways with living wages & how training programs would be supported to scale up
- How the workforce system can intersect with affordable housing
- How the workforce plan aims to strengthen & create partnership opportunities for local businesses