Business Leaders Group
We are very pleased to welcome 13 participants to BLG 2017:
Garry Rosewarne, Brooke Reardon, Krista Fischer, Louise Gabbe, Zac Gorman, Chris Whitehead, Jeff Woodward, Tom McGrath, Cassandra Velinos, Rowena Wasley, Natasha Pietsch, Giri Santhanam & Tess Healy.
The group enjoyed a challenging weekend away together at the Little Desert Nature Lodge from 17th to 19th February, and were so immersed in what they were doing that this is the only photo I have of them with Daniel Healy (Leading Teams facilitator) and long-time 'Lodge' resident George the Emu disguised as a person.
BLG 2017 are very much looking forward to Workshop 1 on 16th March.
Regional Leadership Skills
RLS 2017 has 14 participants:
Ryan Schirmer, Malinda Watson, Brooke MacInnes, Dannae Woolman, Leeanne Lindorff, Erin Smith, Brody Short, Tim McDonald, Elle Adamson, Leah Davies, Dalton Cross, Kat McDonald, Sameer Joshi & Mary Bysouth, who all spent the weekend of 10th to 12th February at the Little Desert Lodge finding out more about themselves and each other.
Others pictured below are Steve Lacy (standing between Tim and Leah) and Clara McCormack (far right) who are our Leading Teams facilitators.
Workshop 1 for this group is scheduled for 15th March.
Graduate Network Events 2017
- Presenting your socks off workshops X 2
- Facilitation workshop/s
- Gala Leadership Dinners x 2 with speakers targeting emerging or priority regional issues.
- Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Plan/Citizen JuryWimmera Southern Mallee Regional Plan (WSMRP) was renewed/reviewed in 2016, requiring a major engagement process. It is a key strategic document, setting regional priorities for the next 5-10 years.
- Ethics Foundations Workshop
- Continue with partnership with Business Horsham to host high profile transformational leadership presenters in the Wimmera: 2015 – Bruce Sullivan and 2016 – John Gora
- Hypothetical Panel discussion:5 or 6 high profile panellists representing different areas of expertise in the Wimmera region discuss what the Wimmera will look like in the future.
- Mentoring Workshop Providing instruction/advice on becoming a mentor
2017 Volunteering Recognition Awards
These awards celebrate the role volunteers play across the region and brings together individuals and organisations in acknowledging outstanding achievements. This is a great opportunity to recognise the remarkable efforts of volunteers, volunteer programs and volunteer involving organisations that make our communities vibrant.
Nominations are invited from Horsham Rural City Council, Hindmarsh Shire, Northern Grampians Shire, West Wimmera Shire and Yarriambiack Shire.
The Volunteering Recognition Awards with Bendigo Bank will be held at the Horsham Town Hall on Friday 12 May 2017.
Centre for Participation and Leadership Wimmera encourage individuals, organisations and programs to nominate themselves and others. Nominations close 15 March 2017. Nominate now.
Water Board Vacancies
Have you considered being on a Victorian Water or Catchment Board?
You can make your community a better place!
The Victorian Government is committed to community engagement and increasing diversity in water sector leadership. This will encourage new ideas and ensure we best reflect our diverse communities. Board Directors come from all walks of life, including farmers, small business owners, project managers and other professionals.
Expressions of Interest open March 2017 for four weeks.
Art is... presents Art Is Leadership
The Art Is...Festival is Horsham's pre-eminent winter festival involving people of all ages and from all backgrounds, high profile artists to students and school groups.
The Art Is...Festival is now seeking local people with skill or interest in leadership, high level communication, entrepreneurship and management to work with the Festival to increase partnership opportunities, revenue streams, manage teams, projects and events, lead ideas, strategies and people. If you're a born leader, CEO or have an interest in organisational or people management, please respond to this call so that the Art Is... Festival Board and Team can work with you to build your skill set and career. We would like to work with and train people from February through to June 2017. Paid and unpaid opportunities available for the right candidates. Please send your CV and why you want to take advantage of this amazing opportunity (in 200 words or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Kooperman on 0400 344 746.
EVERYONE IS WARMLY INVITED TO ATTEND ANY OR ALL OF THE FREE EVENTS IN HORSHAM TO CELEBRATE CULTURAL DIVERSITY WEEK
- Diversity Day: A Celebration of Cultural Diversity Saturday 18 March
- Taste of Harmony Shared Luncheon Monday 20 March
- Celebrating 30 years of Landcare & National Harmony Day with Bruce Pascoe Tuesday 21 March
- Migrant Hospital Tours of Horsham Hospital Thursday 23 March
- HIWA & GIP Diversity friendship Lunch Sunday 26 March
Leadership Wimmera Coordinator