This webinar will explain the transition from the first-in-first-out (FIFO) accounting method to Grant Based Accounting (GBA) in Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS). It will detail the contents of HOME FACTS Vol. 6, No. 2: HOME IDIS Grant Based Accounting (GBA) Changes, as well as illustrate the updated process for committing and disbursing HOME funds in the system. Please note that this webinar will focus on funds in participating jurisdictions’ (PJs’) HOME Investment Trust Fund Treasury accounts; a subsequent HOME FACTS and accompanying webinar will address the use of funds deposited in PJs’ HOME Investment Trust Fund Local accounts and receipted in IDIS, including program income (PI), repayments to the local account (IU), and recaptured homebuyer funds (HP).
Participants will learn:
- How GBA impacts FY 2015 HOME Treasury funds and onward
- The specific changes in IDIS related to committing and drawing HOME funds under GBA and FIFO
- Which IDIS and HOME reports are helpful to use manage and track HOME funds under GBA
- Where to find updated GBA information on the HUD Exchange
- How to obtain answers to additional questions via the IDIS Ask a Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange
Who Should Attend?
The HOME IDIS Grant Based Accounting Changes for FY 2015 and Onward Webinar is relevant to HOME participating jurisdiction (PJ) grantees and IDIS users. This webinar is limited to 1,500 participants and registration for this training will close one hour prior to the webinar start time.
Training Point of Contact
Kemi Adetosoye |703.272.9541| Kemi.Adetosoye@icfi.com
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.
Registering for the HOME IDIS Grant Based Accounting Changes for FY 2015 and Onward Webinar
Access the registration page below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
How to Register
If you have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Select Register Now button
You will be directed to HUD Exchange Learn, if you are logged into your HUD Exchange account. If you are not logged in, you will be asked to log in before being directed to HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the Class, under Scheduled Classes
- Select the Enroll button
You are now enrolled in the webinar
- Select the Launch button
This will direct you to the Webinar Sign-In page and provide you an email reminder with a personalized link to access the Webinar
If you do not already have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Account Registration Page.
- Fill out the Personal Information and Login Information sections.
- In the Organization Information section, select the appropriate check box and choose your organization from the resulting dropdown list.
- Click the Step 2 button.
- Step 2 prompts you to indicate your experience with the various HUD programs, systems, and topic areas. Please note that the Program Experience fields are optional, and you may proceed to the next step if you have no experience in the areas listed.
- Click the Register button at the bottom of the page to create your HUD Exchange account.
- Your account has been created. Please proceed with registration instructions for “If you have a HUD Exchange Account”.
If you are unsure if you have a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you’ll receive an error message.
Additional instructions and screenshots are available in the HUD Exchange Learn User Guide. After you have successfully registered for HUD Exchange Learn, you can register for upcoming trainings/webinars.