HUD has updated the Income Calculator to incorporate FY 2014 HUD Program Income Limits for all programs except for HOME calculations, as the FY 2014 limits are not yet in effect for HOME. The income limits have been effective since December 18, 2013 for most HUD programs and they will be available for use on the Calculator beginning January 28, 2014.
How Do New Income Limits Affect the Income Calculator?
On January 28, all calculations (except HOME) currently in progress in a user's Dashboard in the CPD Income Eligibility Calculator, as well as all calculations completed going forward, will begin using the FY 2014 income limits for determining eligibility. Only calculations that are completed, with the summary PDF downloaded from the Calculator and saved to a user's hard drive (or printed to hard copy) prior to January 28 will reference the 2013 income limits data when determining a beneficiary's income eligibility.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR HOME PROGRAM CALCULATIONS ONLY: This calculator continues to apply the FY 2013 income limits for HOME Program calculations only, as the FY 2014 limits are not yet in effect for HOME. The FY 2014 income limits will not become effective for the HOME Program until 30 days after HUD posts the income limits, along with the 2014 HOME rent limits, on the HOME Program website at www.hud.gov/homeprogram/.
What Actions Do I Need to Take?
Users who have completed calculations in the Calculator using 2013 income limits but have not downloaded the summary PDF and saved the document to their hard drive (or printed to hard copy) should do so before January 28.
While your data and calculations are accessible within the CPD Income Eligibility Calculator for 13 months, this feature is designed to allow you to more easily update a beneficiary’s income determination in the future – rather than to maintain an online record of all income calculations completed in the past.
How Do I Download the Summary PDF of My Calculations?
- Log into the CPD Income Eligibility Calculator. Once logged in, you will be on the Dashboard page.
- On the Dashboard, select the Beneficiary ID of the calculation you'd like to download.
- If the calculation is complete, select "Summary" under "Annual Income" on the left-hand toolbar then skip to Step 5.
- If the calculation is not complete, the "Summary" tab will not be able to be clicked. Complete the calculation.
- On the Annual Income Summary page, select the "Download PDF File" button.
- Save this PDF to your computer's hard drive by right-clicking the document and selecting "Save As..."
Please direct any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org