This two-day training is sponsored by HUD's Detroit Public Housing office and is intended for Executive Directors, lead finance managers, and Board commissioners. Using a combination of lecture and interactive small group exercises and case studies, the training covers key aspects of financial management for public housing commissions.
Participants will learn:
- The financial environment that housing commissions must operate within;
- How to identify financial risks and develop appropriate internal controls and effective financial management policies;
- The basics of financial reporting and monitoring; and
- How to use financial ratios and trend analysis to monitor housing commission's performance.
Registration is now open for the following May Training:
||May 23-24, 2017
Who Should Attend?
The Financial Management for PHAs – Financial Risks, Monitoring, and Oversight Training is relevant for Executive Directors, lead finance managers, and Board commissioners of Michigan Public Housing Commissions. Please note that this training is for PHAs in Michigan only. Seats will be limited to 2 per public housing commission. Note that a web-based version of this training session will be made available at a later date through the HUD Exchange.
Attendance for each class delivery is limited to 50 participants and registration for this training will close 14 days before the class start date.
Please note, your enrollment in the class does not guarantee confirmation. You will receive a confirmation email entitled "Confirmation: Financial Management for PHAs– Financial Risks, Monitoring, and Oversight" once your enrollment has been approved. Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive an email confirmation notice. HUD cannot be responsible for penalties incurred due to cancelled arrangements.
Training Series Point of Contact
Eliza Kean | 301-634-1743 | Eliza_Kean@abtassoc.com
Registering for the Financial Management for PHAs – Financial Risks, Monitoring, and Oversight Training
Access the registration page below and then select Register Now for the desired class.
If you have not yet registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Login (at the upper right).
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email
If you have already registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class
If you are unsure if you have an HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you'll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.