Host: HIV Health Reform
This is the first webinar in a series focusing on the connection between HIV/AIDS housing provision and health care through the Affordable Healthcare Act (ACA).
This webinar will provide a general overview of housing and health care with a focus on helping housing providers understand ACA within the context of sustaining and expanding housing options for persons living with HIV/AIDS. Presenters will provide an overview of specific health care models and strategies currently available to providers to expand both funding and programs. Future webinars will focus more in-depth on these key strategies.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST
- 1:00 -2:30PM CST
- 12:00 -1:30PM MST
- 11:00AM -12:30PM PST
Please note the correct time for your time zone!
Please click to register for this event.
- Maggie Morgan, Health Law and Policy Fellow, Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School
- Arturo Bendixen, Director, AIDS Foundation of Chicago’s Center for Housing and Health
- Amy Rosenberg, Associate Director, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School
- Rusty Bennett, Executive Director, Collaborative Solutions
This Housing and ACA series is designed to:
- Increase awareness among HIV/AIDS housing providers on health care changes and opportunities that exist as a result of health care reform to support, sustain, and develop new housing resources.
- Provide a policy and practice housing and health framework that is connected to national strategies to further integrate housing and health practices and policies.
- Educate HIV/AIDS housing providers on specific health care strategies and models that can be implemented to support housing related supportive services and direct housing assistance.
- Provide model examples of organizational or system changes that are being used to support the expansion of HIV/AIDS housing efforts.