On December 4th, HUD released the Final Rule on Defining "Chronically Homeless". HUD expects all providers operating Permanent Supportive Housing dedicated or prioritized to households experiencing chronic homelessness to use this definition for all new persons admitted to the program after January 15, 2016. As a reminder, HUD is hosting six webinars in January to help ensure all communities and stakeholders understand the new definition. Each webinar will cover the same information. For more information about the webinars, including who should attend, please see the initial message announcing the webinars.
If you properly registered for a webinar, you should have received an email with a unique registration link from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (don’t forget to check your SPAM folder). However, we have become aware that a significant number of people have enrolled in this webinar through the HUD Exchange Learn, but have not completed registration. Therefore, if you have not received your unique registration link by email, please complete the following steps:
- Navigate to HUD Exchange Learn and use your HUD Exchange account to log in.
- Once logged in, click on Courses I've Enrolled In under the My Training category.
- Select the appropriate course (Final Rule on Defining "Chronically Homeless" Webinar - Region [Your Region Number]) by clicking on the name of the course.
- On the next screen, in the Activities section, click the Launch button; you will be directed to a registration form.
- Complete the registration form and click Register. You will receive an email with instructions for joining the webinar. Please do not share the link you receive, as this link is unique to you.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.