HUD will open the HUD Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) on Monday, April 1, 2014, for Continuums of Care (CoCs) to submit the 2014 Housing Inventory Count (HIC) and Point-in-Time (PIT) Count data and will post guidance and a pre-recorded webinar on the OneCPD Resource Exchange to discuss the data submission process.
I. Submitting 2014 Data to HUD
- All CoCs must submit 2014 HIC and PIT data to HUD via HUD’s HDX.
- CoCs will be able to begin entering data on Tuesday, April 1, 2014, and must submit their final data by Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
- Submitting the HIC and the PIT data in HDX is a 2-Part submission process. CoCs must submit HIC data from the HIC Reporting Status page and the PIT data from the PIT Reporting Status page by the April 30, 2014 submission deadline for HUD to consider the submission timely.
II. 2014 HIC and PIT Count Data Submission Guidance and Webinar
HUD will provide CoCs with guidance on how to submit their 2014 HIC and PIT data in HDX. HUD anticipates releasing this data by April 1, 2014. HUD will also be providing a pre-recorded webinar on the OneCPD Resource Exchange that will explain the changes in the data submission guidance from 2013 to 2014. This webinar will not be available until the second week of April. HUD will notify CoCs when these tools are available.
III. CoC HDX Registration Process
The primary contact for each CoC is responsible for ensuring that the 2014 HIC and PIT data is entered completely and accurately in the HDX. CoCs that need to make changes to their read, write, or submit authorities may make such changes by registering new users or deleting unauthorized users. CoCs that require updates to their primary contacts should attach a written request on letterhead that is signed by an authorized person for the CoC (e.g., board chair, executive director) through OneCPD Ask a Question, under the “Continuum of Care Program” option, that includes:
- Name of former primary contact and new primary contact
- e-snaps user id of former person and e-snaps user id of new person, if the number has already been assigned
- CoC Name and Number
- New primary contact’s information, including phone, position, email address, and mailing address
- Reason for request
To register new users, follow these steps:
- Create User Accounts via HDX: All users who need read, write, or submit authority for the HDX must establish a user account at the HDX Create an Account page. Users who already have an HDX account do not need to re-register.
- Assigning HDX Access Rights: Once a user account has been created, the CoC primary contact can assign the appropriate level of access to each HDX module for each user on the HDX Admin page by clicking the ‘Add User’ button on the bottom of the page. The primary contact must enter each user’s first name, last name, and email address.
NOTE: If the CoC primary contact adds a user who has not yet created an account, an alert will appear informing the primary contact that the person has not yet registered. Should this occur, the CoC primary contact must notify users who have not yet created an HDX account and inform them they must register in order to log in to the HDX.
Please look for updated data submission guidance in the coming weeks on the Homeless Assistance page on the OneCPD Resource Exchange and the homepage of the Homelessness Data Exchange.