The Federal partners have released updated resources to assist communities with meeting the Federal Criteria and Benchmarks for Ending Homelessness among Veterans. These include the Federal Criteria and Benchmarks Review Tool and the Master List Template and Benchmark Generation Tool. These tools have been updated for consistency with revised Federal partner specifications. A detailed listing of updates can be found in the Instruction tab for each tool.
- The Federal Criteria and Benchmarks Review Tool can help communities understand their current status relative to each of the Federal criteria and benchmarks. The tool includes a criteria checklist, which breaks down each criterion into constituent aspects for stakeholder review, and a benchmark worksheet. An instruction tab is included and provides additional important clarifications, primarily concerning benchmarks A and B. The tool is designed to help identify remaining gaps to resolve prior to seeking Federal review.
- The Master List Template and Benchmark Generation Tool includes a “by-name” Master List template that can be used as-is or be used to help communities identify data to include in a by-name, master list. The template includes all data fields necessary to measure each of the four Federal benchmarks, as well as other fields to support tracking, case conferencing, and rapid movement to permanent housing. The resource also includes a Benchmark Generation Tool, which uses data from the Master List template to automatically calculate the benchmarks. An instruction tab is included that provides guidance for how to use the tools and programming logic for the benchmarks.
The tools can also be downloaded for use on the Mayors Challenge web page.
Federal partner guidance and instructions on how to use these tools were provided during the December 18, 2015, webinar entitled: Resources and Guidance for Ending Veterans Homelessness.
- Marcy Thompson, Senior Advisor, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Special Needs, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Keith Harris, National Director of Clinical Operations, VHA Homeless Programs, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Beverley Ebersold, Director of National Initiatives, United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH)
- Tom Albanese, Senior Associate, Abt Associates
- Doug Tetrault, Associate, Technical Assistance Collaborative (TAC)
View the webinar recording and slides on the HUD Exchange.