HUD has announced a job opportunity for an Environmental Protection Specialist in the Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD). This position is located in the Office of Environment and Energy.
Description and Application
This job is open to:
- U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals; no federal experience is required
This job is open to:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Federal employees - competitive service
- CTAP/ICTAP/RPL eligible employees
- Land and base management employees
- Military spouses
- Family of overseas employees
- Peace Corps and AmeriCorps Vista alumni
- Special authorities
- Inform, interpret for, and advise Housing, Public Housing, Native American Programs, and CPD program staff on all policy and procedural requirements to be followed in carrying out HUD's responsibilities under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, environmental sections of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, regulations and guidelines of Council on Historic Preservation, Executive Orders, HUD regulations and issuances, and other HUD and Federal authorities related to the environment, including wetlands, noise, coastal zones, aquifers, air and water quality, floodplain management, endangered species, and historic and archaeological preservation.
- Advise Office Council and program staff concerning litigation involving environmental matters.
- Identify training needs and train program staff and staffs of responsible entities who assume 24 CFR Part 58 environmental review responsibilities on the techniques of preparation of environmental assessments and grantee Environmental Review Records.
- Develop a system for monitoring approved projects to insure that actions, identified during review process, needed to mitigate adverse impacts are actually carried out during implementation phase.
- Conduct studies of Office performance with respect to compliance with environmental assessment policies, regulations, and handbook procedures and with respect to the impact on maintaining and improving the environment as a result of the assessment process.
Permanent - Full-time
Pay Scale and Grade
GS - 13