Are you ready to attend the second of the four-part webinar series titled Housing + Employment Works? The series focuses on how Continuum of Care (CoC) leadership, CoC program recipients, and local workforce professionals can more effectively provide employment supports for homeless and at-risk job seekers. The webinar series is sponsored by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH).
This webinar, Building System Capacity to Employ People Experiencing Homelessness, will be held on Thursday, April 21, from 1:00 to 2:30 PM EDT. It will introduce CoCs to the services provided through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the opportunities for collaboration with their workforce boards.
- Mike Temple, Director of the Gulf Coast Workforce Board and its affiliate, Workforce Solutions, which together form the public workforce system in the 13-county Houston-Galveston region of southeast Texas;
- Patrick Gehring, Chief Program Officer at Worksystems, Inc., the local workforce development board serving Portland, Oregon; and
- Jennifer Chang, Program Coordinator for the Portland Housing Bureau, who coordinates the Portland/Gresham/Multnomah County CoC.
The Webinar Will Cover:
- Services available through WIOA and the American Job Centers; and
- Examples of local Workforce Investment Boards (WIBs) collaborations with the CoCs in Portland, Oregon and Houston, Texas.
Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 PM EDT
Visit the event registration page.
After submitting the registration form, you should receive an e-mail within minutes that includes instructions on how to access the webinar. This e-mail will be sent to the address you enter on the registration form. If you do not receive this information, please check your spam folder. For technical support concerning registration, please contact George Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remaining Webinars in the Housing + Employment Works Series:
- Employment Assessment in Coordinated Entry Systems, June 16, 2016 at 1:00 PM EDT
This webinar will feature communities that are identifying employment needs when a person first enters the coordinated entry system. You also will learn about benefits, challenges, and successes of addressing a person’s needs as soon as he/she enters the CoC, as well as how some CoCs designed a system with access to employment services.
- Systems Performance Measures Around Employment and Income Maximization, August 18, 2016 at 1:00 PM EDT
This webinar will emphasize the reasons that employment and measuring income outcomes are important. In the new day of accountability, funding recipients need to consider the income of program participants as key to long-term housing stability and affordability. You will hear how communities are measuring employment outcomes and the benefits to the CoC.
Sign up for the HUD Exchange Mailing List to learn about future webinars.