On June 16, 2016, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) published a rule amending CoC Program regulations to allow program participants receiving CoC tenant-based rental assistance (TBRA) to choose housing outside of the CoC’s geographic area, subject to certain conditions. HUD will be delivering regional trainings to recipients and subrecipients to discuss this rule, including the requirements and conditions that must be met to support a household’s choice of housing outside of the CoC’s geographic area. These trainings will also discuss new exemptions of regulatory requirements to recipients and subrecipients that serve program participants who are assisted with TBRA and are fleeing imminent threat of harm from domestic violence. In addition, these webinars will allow time for participant Q&A with HUD Headquarters’ staff.
Participants will learn:
- How the rule expands housing choice and increases a household’s ability to obtain and maintain safe and desired housing
- The responsibilities of the recipient or subrecipient in complying with all CoC Program requirements outside of the CoC’s geographic area
Registration is now open for the following trainings:
|Regions 1, 2, 3 & 4
||July 12, 2016 at 9:00 AM EDT
|Regions 5, 6, 7 & 8
||July 13, 2016 at 11:00 AM EDT
|Regions 9 & 10
||July 14, 2016 at 4:00 PM EDT
Who Should Attend?
The Increasing Mobility Options for Homeless Households Assisted with TBRA webinar is relevant to CoC Leadership and CoC recipients and subrecipients funded to provide tenant-based rental assistance through the CoC Program. Lines are limited for these calls, and we encourage CoC staff to listen together on one line (and use one registration) if possible.
Training Point of Contact
For content-related questions:Mike Lindsay | email@example.com
For troubleshooting questions: HUD Exchange Training Registrar | Training@HUDExchange.info
Registering for the Increasing Mobility Options for Homeless Households Assisted with TBRA Webinar
Access the registration page and select Register Now for the appropriate class.
If you have not yet registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange.
- Click Login to My HUD Exchange.
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Select Register Now
- Enter your username and password; select Log in
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class
- Click the Launch button, and complete the fields required for the webinar
If you are unsure if you have an HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field Forget Username or Password?
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you’ll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.