HUD has posted the Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Continuum of Care Program (CoC) Competition Grant Inventory Worksheets (GIWs) to the HUD Exchange for review by CoCs, project recipients, and interested stakeholders. HUD’s Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) changed the GIW process to make the process both easier and transparent. SNAPS completed a thorough review to ensure all known eligible projects are included on each CoC’s FY 2017 GIW. The GIW calculates the Annual Renewal Amount (ARA) for each project, which is the total renewal amount a project may request under the FY 2017 CoC Program Competition, and the sum of all renewable budget line items (BLI) (e.g., rental assistance, leasing, supportive services). The sum of all individual project ARAs within the CoC is then used to calculate each CoC’s Estimated Annual Renewal Demand (ARD).
- SNAPS pre-populated the FY 2017 GIWs with all grants that are eligible for renewal funding within the CoC’s jurisdiction in the FY 2017 CoC Program Competition.
- SNAPS used data from FY 2016 GIWS, Line of Credit Control System (LOCCS), and e-snaps to review the accuracy of the pre-populated project information.
- The designated Collaborative Applicants for CoCs must review the projects on the posted GIWs and verify accuracy.
- If a CoC identifies missing projects, projects that should be removed or projects with information that must be updated (e.g., BLI changes through a grant agreement amendment, grant consolidations approved by the local HUD CPD field office), the Collaborative Applicants must complete a GIW Change Form and submit it to the local HUD CPD field office for review.
- Collaborative Applicants should only submit one GIW Change Form for all changes within that CoC.
- All GIW Change Forms must be approved by the local HUD CPD Field Office. SNAPS will not consider any GIW Change Forms it receives directly from any CoC.
- The deadline for Collaborative Applicants to complete GIW reviews and submit GIW Change Forms to their local HUD CPD Field Office is Thursday, May 4, 2017. Local CPD field offices will not accept GIW Change Forms after May 4, 2017. Therefore, CoCs should not wait to send GIW Change Forms, but should begin their review and submit them early to allow their local CPD field offices time to review and approve or deny changes.
- The local HUD CPD field offices will finalize GIW Change Forms received and provide the GIW Change Forms to SNAPS by May 12, 2017.
- SNAPS will update GIWs based on the GIW Change Forms approved by the local CPD field office.
- SNAPS intends to post all revised GIWs to the HUD Exchange no earlier than June 9, 2017.
- SNAPS will send a listserv message to confirm completion of the FY 2017 GIW process.
The following resources are available on the HUD Exchange:
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues or the FY 2017 CoC Program Registration process, submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program interim rule or a policy related question, submit your questions to the CoC Program Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.